Old Hymer 694 (1 Viewer)

Apr 20, 2009
norfolk
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
ok we have an old 89 hymer 694 we go to france in 3 weeks and oh thinks clutch is failing but we cant figure out which one we need if he drops gearbox and clutch to get part number then we cant source the correct part we have a motorhome we cant move wondered if anybody has put a new clutch in a 2.5 td fiat ducato hymer and would no where we may find one. really need some help as oh is ready to give up on france this year and i really want to go . if all else fails does anybody no where we might aguire a newer 2003 plus, 694 or 754 privately. we have been looking for a while now and cant find something suitable maybe our expectations are to high but hayho really want something clean and tidy around 20-25.000 pounds all fhelp either new clutch or new motorhome much appreciated

thankyou sillybug (teresa)

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Give the reg number to any parts organisation, CES is one that springs to mind, they should be able to quote the specific clutch, and price.

You refer to a fiat chassis, it may be helpful, if you have that to hand at the same time, as its a m/h.

Hope this helps.

Jun 11, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
hymer s820
Exp
hya my brother has Hymer 754 they thought the clutch was slipping and changed it... the plates were not worn it was the slave cylinder not letting clutch off..expensive

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
ok we have an old 89 hymer 694 we go to france in 3 weeks and oh thinks clutch is failing but we cant figure out which one we need if he drops gearbox and clutch to get part number then we cant source the correct part we have a motorhome we cant move wondered if anybody has put a new clutch in a 2.5 td fiat ducato hymer and would no where we may find one. really need some help as oh is ready to give up on france this year and i really want to go . if all else fails does anybody no where we might aguire a newer 2003 plus, 694 or 754 privately. we have been looking for a while now and cant find something suitable maybe our expectations are to high but hayho really want something clean and tidy around 20-25.000 pounds all fhelp either new clutch or new motorhome much appreciated

thankyou sillybug (teresa)
Type EPER into Google. This will get you to the FIAT database. Follow the links. It may require your VIN number initially, but will then come up with all the info on your chassis, engine and all FIAT base parts. Narrow it down to the engine section, and you will get a part number for the unit first fitted into your van, and a FIAT unit price. (y)

countryman

Free Member
Apr 4, 2014
suffolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi I am the one with a Hymer B754,i had a clutch fitted last year,thinking it was slipping but after new clutch,the slave cylinder was at fault as it was not releasing the clutch as it should,but all was good in the end.Would highly recommend VEHICLE SURGEON LTD Grundisburgh .Suffolk.01473 738385.They sorted mine out and they do MOT,s on all Motorhomes,servicing etc very good. One thing you could check is to see to make sure if it is Hydraulic or Cable, as 2 very different operations,one you can adjust and one you can not.ope this helps.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back