Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea
MH
C Class Diesel RV
Exp
Since 1990
The public image of the motorhomer is that we are all grey haired pensioners, is this right? I would be interested in knowing the ages of the membership. Its an anonymous poll so your blushes will be spared ::bigsmile: Please do vote

kands

Read Only Funster
Jul 20, 2007
If you had posted this a couple of weeks ago I would have fallen into a lower catagory :roflmto::roflmto: Must just be getting old :roflmto:

Keith

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
MH
A class RV and Autotrail
Exp
35 +years with breaks
All the motorhomers I know are old and grey.
Except those with no hair, there just old:winky:
Geo

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
MH
adria caravan
Exp
Hi who voted 91.> 100 have they a licence:roflmto:

ill send a card::bigsmile:

ray:RollEyes:

scotjimland

Free Member
Jul 25, 2007
MH
Exp
The public image of the motorhomer is that we are all grey haired pensioners,,
For the most part I'm afraid so, you do meet the occasional family but not often.. :RollEyes:

The young tend to have vdubs or converted tranny vans, get married, have a family, become tuggers for 10 - 15 years then progress onto a m/h .. such is life !

R

Ralph

Deleted User
But does this give an indication of the age of motorhomers or of the age of internet / forum users? A lot of "older" people still don't use computers although that's becoming a much less true statement :Smile:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
MH
A class RV and Autotrail
Exp
35 +years with breaks
Thought this may cheer up you old wrinklies

The good book says we are granted 3 score years and 10-------------70 years
divided by 10 = 7
there are 7 days in a week therefore each 10 years is represented one day
--
--
--
--
--
for all you sixty year olds
--
--
--
--
--
Its now late Saturday afternoon

Feel better:ROFLMAO:
Geo

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Nope, definitely Sunday................

Geo, you'd better watch out at the meet or you'll get got! :ROFLMAO:

OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea
MH
C Class Diesel RV
Exp
Since 1990
Looks like 80% of members here bought a motorhome before they were 60, now that has got to go against the public/Jeremy Clarkson perception, that most of us wait until we are 65 before we buy a motorhome. ::bigsmile:

Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
But does this give an indication of the age of motorhomers or of the age of internet / forum users? A lot of "older" people still don't use computers although that's becoming a much less true statement :Smile:
Ralph,

I started 7 years ago when I was 67 and the only reason I got started was my grand children got fed up with me asking the to look info up for me.:roflmto:

It has given me a new lease on life, I'm not very mobile and the computer has opened up a whole new world for me.:thumb:

It's been a very steep learning curve . :Blush: I'm thinking of getting my 97 year old mother started so we can chat on Skype:ROFLMAO:
It's a lot easier now we have the lap top, coping with a Turkish key board was a night mare.:Eeek:

Don

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
Old - 67 years young, that me:ROFLMAO:!

Age is a state of mind, and motorhomers are some of the greatest young people we've ever met.

There must be something about motorhoming that keeps us all young:thumb:!

Bob and Di (my toy-girl)

R

Ralph

Deleted User
Age is a state of mind, and motorhomers are some of the greatest young people we've ever met.
How very true! I am constantly amazed at the "elderly" people I meet with MHs who are anything but elderly! :Smile:

R

Ralph

Deleted User
I started 7 years ago when I was 67 and the only reason I got started was my grand children got fed up with me asking the to look info up for me.:roflmto:
Don,

I saw the picture of you at the York Show and I don't believe you. You don't look a day over 60 :winky::winky::winky:

SMC Motorhomes Newark
RoadPro
Johns Cross
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Free Club Stickers
Dave Newell Leisure Vehicle Services