old caravaner new motorhomer. (1 Viewer)

Evs

Free Member
Jan 1, 2018
south wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 645
Exp
we have had our motor home for a couple of month and are loving it so far . Its a bit different to a touring caravan so are there any pitfalls we should be aware of?

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Hello and only one pitfall I can think of is ....... Don't drive on yo a wet field without walking over it first! Otherwise it's just shameful....:blush::doh::doh::pink:

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
welcome animated smiley3.gif

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Welcome to the Fun. :welc:

Maybe one of the things that may be a down side of motorhoming is that now you don't have a car to transport your toilet cassette the 25 yards to the disposal point that caravaners seem to do. :rofl:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
:hiya2: Evs, welcome to the fun, the biggest bug-bear is council tax. Now you've swapped your caravan for a motorhome you'll be away from home so much you'll resent paying it. :D

If you're not sure about any aspect of the forums, check out the FAQ

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Don't be tempted to laugh at tuggers as they struggle to reverse, unhitch and set up camp. While it is an acceptable spectator sport try to keep your smiles and giggles hidden by a glass of your favourite tipple,

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
Ah fellow ex tuggers - We got our Motorhome in April 2017 ( we have listed our mileage in the signature line)

The one thing we have noticed is the need for transport on site rather than up sticks and move everything - - but for us the biggest problem is the speed of my mobility scooter compared to the bosses electric bicycle
and after a fantastic 4 months in France and Spain I found a bicycle I could ride again - electric of course - but again our problem with all things is range but we are solving that (I think)

All I can say is enjoy we have found it far easier to drive than to tug though still getting used to the width :)LOL:) only on my third water heater vent assembly :rolleyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back