old autotrail electrical problems.... (1 Viewer)

Kate Hedden

Free Member
Apr 10, 2015
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Volkswagen autotrail cree
Exp
New
Hi guys.
We are new to motorhoming and are already in love with our L reg Volkswagen autotrail Cree, coach build. However, we are having some problems and I'm really hoping some of you brain boxes can help! Firstly, we can not get our electric hookup to work at all. We have a Plug in system 1 with on/off switch, three trip switches and 6 12v fuses. There's also an amber push switch that has 12v written on one side. It doesn't seem to be doing much at all though! Neither the red light comes on when the van is hooked up, nor does the yellow 12v switch. I know it's rigged up because I can get all the internal/external lights working, the fan etc all works off the 12v fuses and apart from the first fuse, I've figured out what they all do. Our other issue is that we can not get the fridge to function at all. It's an Electrolux RMF 212,F, 3 way. Funny thing is... It won't work off anything! No lights light up and the piezo igniter for the gas won't spark so I can't light it off gas. So.... I have two main issues: the mains box with no lights on and no power, and the fridge not functioning at all. I've checked and changed all fuses....I can't find any other fuses boxes and apart from us perhaps having a dodgy mains cable or a dodgy mains box, I can't see what else it could be! You bright sparks got any ideas for me?!yours eternally gratefully. Kate :)

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Got my brain working but can't help from here. Have you the means of checking out your power cable, a 3pin socket conversion unit or a meter?. Really important to check incoming supply before trying to work out what might be wrong in van.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back