OK is this too gadgetry or should it be (1 Viewer)

geo glasgow

Free Member
Feb 2, 2014
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail cheyenne
Exp
the last possible item my motorhome needs ? got to admit cool item...
ok who has one ,, or would buy one.
or who just thinks its pure sh*&e...:winky:
spare wheel as well if required,,, now thats handy do daddy..
Broken Link Removed

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Do your tyres deflate so quickly you need to watch the pressures as you drive?!!::bigsmile:

Jim's flashing tyre jobbies might be a good alternative if he still does them!:thumb:

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
Personally I think it a peice off :ROFLMAO:

I wouldn't buy one :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Do your tyres deflate so quickly you need to watch the pressures as you drive?!!::bigsmile:

Jim's flashing tyre jobbies might be a good alternative if he still does them!:thumb:

They do if you pick up a nail or screw or 8mm bolt in our case.

If you have twin wheel rear axle I think it is worth knowing that one has not gone flat as they will soon overheat"

Can you guess that I have just recently fitted the Tyre-Pal system:Smile:.

I like gadgets me.

Martin

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
from my experience, expensive junk...sensors just stop communicating at random. if a tire deflates as youre driving, surely you can feel the difference in road handling? and you do of course check your tires before every journey and when getting fuel, dont you? so no need for expensive toys. Jim's tyre pressure indicators are much cheaper and you can confirm at a glance if a tyre pressure drops.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
from my experience, expensive junk...sensors just stop communicating at random. if a tire deflates as youre driving, surely you can feel the difference in road handling? and you do of course check your tires before every journey and when getting fuel, dont you? so no need for expensive toys. Jim's tyre pressure indicators are much cheaper and you can confirm at a glance if a tyre pressure drops.

I like expensive toys:ROFLMAO:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Its expensive but I have a similar device fitted to my car (it came with it:winky:)It just alerts me with a low tyre pressure warning in the dash --I thought same as everybody else is thinking :winky: but ended up being very impressed when the warning came on and told me I had low pressure in my tyre :Eeek: I wondered what was going on because I did not know it did such a thing ::bigsmile: One nail later and a plug inserted more air into the tyre and all was well :thumb:Did not have time to go flat and damage the tyre or anything and I was on my way within mins no harm done :winky: So yes it could well pay for itself with just one warning saving both your time and tyre --Jims flashing things are great but you have to be stationary and look This gadget fitted as standard to my baby Merc is probably as good as it gets and works :thumb:no idea how it works but it does and I had no idea I had it ::bigsmile:
terry

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
All new cars have to have TPMS fitted and it will be part of MOT as I understand it.

Terry, did the plug system come with the car or aftermarket.

Martin

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
After market off ebay --I have one set in the garage one in my L200 one in my M/H and now one in the car --they are about 4 quid or so -got them mainly for the L200 that has massive/expensive 20 ins wheels and wide tyres that seem to pick up nails and screws very easy At 200 quid a tyre I don't want them going flat :winky:
terry

Broken Link Removed
Broken Link Removed
edit very easy to use - mark around nail,pull it out ,push file bit in and out a few times ,thread plugs stuff and glue onto it, shove it in the hole turn 90% ish and pull out -top up with air -all done while tyre is still inflated

Last edited:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I have the Tyrepal system on the motorhome and the toad ... It proved it's worth when I picked up a fast puncture on a dual carriageway and got immediate notification saving a possible ruined tyre and alloy wheel.

In my opinion Tyrepal or similar systems are money savers and likely possible life savers.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back