OK.. I know when I am beat... (1 Viewer)

Nov 6, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Chieftain
Exp
Since 2015
And I just got a mail from Gema at Torretta saying they would transfer my deposit to next year as requested :)

Andddddddddddddddddddddddd
I am pished as a fart !!!!!!!! Decided to drown my sorrows !!
That's the spirit, go for it my friend
Joe

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Hi John,
I know that it's hard but try not to let it get you down, we usually get 50+ nights away when i was working, this year only had 1, and now i am not working due to Covid.
Just looking forward to getting away when we can and there are at least some shops places to eat etc open.
I have a couple of small metalwork jobs which need doing if you can help, will pay you of course, if it will help keep you occupied. :giggle:
Joe
What ever you need mate. Unless there are vast fortunes involved there would not be any need for payment :)

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Hard luck Jaws. All we can do is hope for next year to be better!
We have to move campsite after Xmas and are hoping that Covid won’t shut the the next one we are booked into, we can’t go to our postal home as MiL is 90 and not in good health and in Tier 4 so we may well be out on us ears!
All good fun!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Burford
Exp
My plan was Christmas 2020 in Benidorm but with Covid plus ill health my motorhome has only left the yard for MoT and Habitation Check what a total waste of a lot of money 😩. We are now hoping to get out in 2021 but only in the UK, not what we planned but that’s life.
Happy Christmas everyone and do take care

Mar 19, 2020
south of France
Funster No
MH
1991 swift kontiki
Exp
4years
I have tried to be upbeat, booked everything up, prep'd the van and got everything ready
With the news of the lock down until Jan 15th in Valencia / Murcia region ( when it will be reviewed .. but.. ) I have had to admit defeat

So no Benidorm , no fun and another nail in the coffin
The substantial site deposit is proly a right off but I hope the chunnel will issue a rain check

All in all I feel done for...............
Unless you leave before January its looking bleak for EU travel see below....................................................

The UK is not on the EU’s final updated list before 2021 of ‘external’ countries exempt from strict Covid-19 EU entry rules.

The list, just published, confirms that it is highly unlikely that holiday or leisure visits from the UK – including to second homes – will be allowed to France or other EU countries next year until the EU judges that the pandemic is coming to an end or the UK has few new cases over a 14-day period.

It means also that a negative Covid-19 test will be needed in the previous 72 hours on entering France from the UK (if agreed by France, testing in the airport could also be allowed) and that those who can enter will need to bring an attestation de déplacement internationale. The latter will include, notably, both French and residents of France.

The list published on the website of the Council of the European Union is unchanged from a previous one published in October. The UK is affected because of Brexit. EU sources confirmed to The Connexion that the UK will be considered ‘external’ to the European area with regard to the travel restrictions once ‘full Brexit’ applies from January 1 and that today's update was the last chance before January for the country to be included on the exemption list.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Don't know where you had lined up in Benny but we waved the white flag at Villasol and they gave us 90% back.

Oh! Forgot. They did offer us the opportunity to move our booking ONCE!
We didn't take them up on that one.
It was the crystal balls day off.

I would add, we were also booked in at Villajoyosa, (Alicante Imperium) In their case, they were upfront about the return of monies stating, when we made the original booking that, apart from €8, we could have all our money back but then warning us, some time later, when things got shaky in Spain that the Banks were charging an arm and a leg in admin fees addition to the €8.
We spoke to them and agreed that they could hold the money as a future deposit when we can eventually head South.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Another day. Another dollar as the saying goes...
With no trip to sunny climes I have spent the lolly on a couple of treats for myself
Bought myself a nice diesel heater for the workshop so I can play in there instead of in the van !
And not bought yet but am pricing up all the aly poles and rods needed to build a new HF aerial... Dunno if I will build one or not but it is a good exercise :)
Also .. Woman has often mentioned she would like to have a go at throwing some pottery, so I am looking at wheels and something to fire pots in....

Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
Also .. Woman has often mentioned she would like to have a go at throwing some pottery, so I am looking at wheels and something to fire pots in....
You can never have enough pots.....👍🏼

4DB837B5-29C8-4E7C-A62C-F84DACD497EB.jpeg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
My ex wife used to be good at throwing pottery:giggle:
Were you any good at ducking though! :LOL:

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Sorry to hear that Jaws John.
But if you want to look on the bright side of things, everywhere we go in The UK & EU will be in Lockdown, streets empty, local curfews much stricter than ours, bars, many shops, POI's like museums, Castles, maybe even pole dancing venues, all closed up.:(

Just look at the vlogs of some full timers out & about at the moment, every where closed up, bleak weather some days, well that isn't my idea of a holiday.
So whether we are home or somewhere else we are still having to wear masks, was hands, and do the SD bit.

I bet like me you still have loads of jobs that just dont feel like doing at home.?o_O:reel::imoutahere:

Anyhow's surely you can spend some time tuning up my Ped for the next race at Thetford, the last one was a short straw job, nearly had to dismount & push it round the corners.:xlaugh:

Keep well, stay safe mate, we all have a lot of catching up to do next year, if allowed🤞
Best wishes.

LES
PS: bugger! the home kitchen mixer tap is leaking all over the floor, cant get a cartridge to fit, so a whole new mixer tap is now needed, all that crouching about under a sink connecting pipes, at may age Oh Please!.:mad:
Speak for yourself lol its blooming lovely down here ....

TrebleH

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto, Iveco
Not much consolation John but we are all in the same boat, we changed our van hoping for great things but only managed two trips to Lincolnshire to give it run, a far cry from Spain!! who knows what is in store!!

Nov 6, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Chieftain
Exp
Since 2015
A lot less if they do not let the lorries in and out shortly !!! :xrofl:
Has been stated that the worry is that the drivers will carry the virus across the Channel, both ways,
Answer, just put the trailers on ferry, leave tractor units at docks, then take the trailers off using local trucks, no travel undertaken by humans,
Or is that too simple to work out,
I am not a politician, but i do have a degree of common sense, (most of the time) :giggle:

Dec 31, 2016
southampton
Funster No
MH
Hobby Toskana 750
Exp
Since 2019
But if I did not book everything and get it al sorted and ready, if things had turned out better we could not have gone anyway
It is better to live in hope than just lie down and accept the miserable option
Couldn't agree more. Booking trips that probably wont happen is all I've got right now! It reminds me of a quote from Pappillon...

[Papillon is contemplating a daring leap from a cliff to escape]

Dega : [the plan] It seems so desperate. You think it will work?

Papillon : Does it matter?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back