OK.. I know when I am beat... (1 Viewer)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I have tried to be upbeat, booked everything up, prep'd the van and got everything ready
With the news of the lock down until Jan 15th in Valencia / Murcia region ( when it will be reviewed .. but.. ) I have had to admit defeat

So no Benidorm , no fun and another nail in the coffin
The substantial site deposit is proly a right off but I hope the chunnel will issue a rain check

All in all I feel done for...............

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I have tried to be upbeat, booked everything up, prep'd the van and got everything ready
With the news of the lock down until Jan 15th in Valencia / Murcia region ( when it will be reviewed .. but.. ) I have had to admit defeat

The substantial site deposit is proly a right off but I hope the chunnel will issue a rain check

Don't know where you had lined up in Benny but we waved the white flag at Villasol and they gave us 90% back.

Oh! Forgot. They did offer us the opportunity to move our booking ONCE!
We didn't take them up on that one.
It was the crystal balls day off.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009

We booked a campsite prior to lockdown, they were happy to change the date to the following year, kept original deposit as the new deposit, worth a try.

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
I sympathise with OP and his crumbling plans. The one thing I have planned for 2021 is to have no plans so I can't be disappointed - yet again! I've got to the stage where I don't even plan to wake up in the morning so I won't be surprised if I don't!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Sorry to hear that Jaws John.
But if you want to look on the bright side of things, everywhere we go in The UK & EU will be in Lockdown, streets empty, local curfews much stricter than ours, bars, many shops, POI's like museums, Castles, maybe even pole dancing venues, all closed up.:(

Just look at the vlogs of some full timers out & about at the moment, every where closed up, bleak weather some days, well that isn't my idea of a holiday.
So whether we are home or somewhere else we are still having to wear masks, was hands, and do the SD bit.

I bet like me you still have loads of jobs that just dont feel like doing at home.?o_O:reel::imoutahere:

Anyhow's surely you can spend some time tuning up my Ped for the next race at Thetford, the last one was a short straw job, nearly had to dismount & push it round the corners.:xlaugh:

Keep well, stay safe mate, we all have a lot of catching up to do next year, if allowed🤞
Best wishes.

LES
PS: bugger! the home kitchen mixer tap is leaking all over the floor, cant get a cartridge to fit, so a whole new mixer tap is now needed, all that crouching about under a sink connecting pipes, at may age Oh Please!.:mad:

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp

Now exactly how you feel John we decided ages ago to write this horrible year off & hope for better next year cheers Rod

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Could get even worse. The PM is to make an announcement at 4pm regarding the new fast spreading strain so I wouldn’t make any plans to go anywhere.😢

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
No point booking anything unless you have an extremely reliable and magical crystal ball.
With covid you have no idea what tomorrow will bring, never mind next year.
But if I did not book everything and get it al sorted and ready, if things had turned out better we could not have gone anyway
It is better to live in hope than just lie down and accept the miserable option

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
The UK & EU will be in Lockdown, streets empty, local curfews much stricter than ours, bars, many shops, POI's like museums, Castles, maybe even pole dancing venues, all closed up
We never ask for much.. As long as it is sunny and there are a few friends about that is plenty..
I loathe winter and have always struggled with it.. The older I get the harder it hits
One of the really bad things is our fuel plan ( gas and electric ) payments are based on us not using any for several months of the year
Not going away this winter will put up the monthly bill substantially .. Not all bad you might say, but in the long term our future payments will rise to take in to account the unexpected rise in use.. And it will take months to get it back down again,, which in turn will mean less lolly for diesel and less outings in the van..

I have just heard from the chunnel and that is all good. They have pushed the booking in to summer and I can change it again if and when we sort out a trip

I have mailed Torretta camp site and am waiting to hear from them

Will fone the vet on Monday and cancel Dillons visit

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We never ask for much.. As long as it is sunny and there are a few friends about that is plenty..
I loathe winter and have always struggled with it.. The older I get the harder it hits
One of the really bad things is our fuel plan ( gas and electric ) payments are based on us not using any for several months of the year
Not going away this winter will put up the monthly bill substantially .. Not all bad you might say, but in the long term our future payments will rise to take in to account the unexpected rise in use.. And it will take months to get it back down again,, which in turn will mean less lolly for diesel and less outings in the van..

I have just heard from the chunnel and that is all good. They have pushed the booking in to summer and I can change it again if and when we sort out a trip

I have mailed Torretta camp site and am waiting to hear from them

Will fone the vet on Monday and cancel Dillons visit
Might be worth having a shuftie for a new fuel plan as there are lots of deals out there at the moment so even allowing for any 'exit' fees with your current supplier you might well be quids in - you may even find a better deal with your supplier but for those you often have to go via a comparison site, rather than direct.

Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
Jaws John I feel your pain.....but it really could be worse.

The fuel bills will balance themselves, the campsites and tunnel costs will all fall into place and the wait to get away will make it all the better when you do escape.

Keep your chin up, your not done for just yet, your a survivor and you will not only survive you will win again 👍🏼

Nov 6, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Chieftain
Exp
Since 2015
Hi John,
I know that it's hard but try not to let it get you down, we usually get 50+ nights away when i was working, this year only had 1, and now i am not working due to Covid.
Just looking forward to getting away when we can and there are at least some shops places to eat etc open.
I have a couple of small metalwork jobs which need doing if you can help, will pay you of course, if it will help keep you occupied. :giggle:
Joe

signworks

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2013
wrose bradford
Funster No
MH
swift bolero
Exp
since 2009
Were in same boat moved our booking from 28th to 7th just sent email to Villasol to cancel tunnel booked but we did flexible plus so can use up to November
Hope you all have the best Christmas you can we be back out soon

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
And I just got a mail from Gema at Torretta saying they would transfer my deposit to next year as requested :)

Andddddddddddddddddddddddd
I am pished as a fart !!!!!!!! Decided to drown my sorrows !!

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
I've just cancelled my trip through france and spain on the 18th Jan...
We had pre booked refundable chunnel tickets and other things where we could. Dogs had the rabies and passports at the ready but it's just not gonna happen..

Spain out... dubai is now in..:giggle: van locked up for a bit.

I'm up a hill in wales atm and now have to hightail it out of here as these are going into lockdown from midnight tonight. .

Best laid plans

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
Booked and paid for a campsite in the highlands earlier today for Monday to following Sunday. NS has just announced all of mainland Scotland into level 4 from Boxing Day, so campsite closed and no travel. Hope site will refund!

Nov 26, 2014
Never on the wrong road ......
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2014, before that 20 years of boating & caravanning
Just a thought......

IMG_20201219_180033.jpg

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
And I just got a mail from Gema at Torretta saying they would transfer my deposit to next year as requested :)

Andddddddddddddddddddddddd
I am pished as a fart !!!!!!!! Decided to drown my sorrows !!
Sorry to hear of your plight Jaws it is small consolation but here is a live webcam just to help keep your pecker up. :xrofl:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Jaws , sorry about your up and down moods, but for anyone that was booking trips so soon after Xmas did you all not think that this might happen, just can't see why you are all disappointed you are not going, it must have been odds against that you would be going, why put yourselves through it in the first place.

Ukbandit

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 8, 2014
Barnsley, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Johnna real shame, just a few days wrong side of your booking. Just heard from Dave and Polly, they caught the boat Thursday and arriving here tomorrow. See you at the Bash my friend.

Aug 4, 2016
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since 2003

Me too, two ferries cancelled/postponed plus torretta booking. Glad I didn't fork out for the dog titre test. But at least we're still here to moan about it, lots aren't

Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
Sorry to hear of your plight Jaws it is small consolation but here is a live webcam just to help keep your pecker up. :xrofl:

I wouldn’t go there ... there’s no sun :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back