England:

IMG_0980.JPG

Scotland:

IMG_0977.JPG

Wales:

IMG_0979.JPG

Northern Ireland:

IMG_0978.JPG

The U.K. is wonderful! Let's be proud of it. We have a language that most of us can understand, no currency exchange or passport problems, no need for funny arrangements to use a motorway, warm beer, proper British sausages, fish and chips and the occasional little splash of rain to keep everywhere nice and green. What's not to love about it?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Again Paul it's a long way from the new forest but we have just arrived back home from a week in Yorkshire What a beautiful area the scenery is breathtaking .im not a cyclist but there are loads of cyclists in the area so I'm assuming that it's cycle friendly definateley good for dogs .If you have a car with you be sure to visit Clay Bank and Lordstones they views are jaw dropping.The area is great for walkers.As a plus we had good weather as well.enjoy wherever you end up
Brian & Jo
I run the Hardmoors race series around many of these places and love it up there. But as we go there every few months for a couple of nights we are heading south, but have to say completely agree

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Kent is much underrated,some lovely seaside towns,castles,hops for your beer. Just don't go near Dover when it's raining(not that it will) or you might be tempted to cross

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Woodlands at Sheringham well worth a visit lots of walks through parkland with views to the sea. If no toad buses go past the site entrance north and south to coastal resorts, Cromer, Sheringham Wells etc.

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
We're close to Devon and Cornwall which are both great but we spent a week in South Wales, the Gower, mumbles etc, very dog friendly and some of the best beaches you'll visit.
Woolacombe in North Devon is a favourite of mine, huge beach there and an area for dogs, the driest weather is normally in the south/ south east, all of the Jurassic coast is lovely, lots to choose from!

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Again Paul it's a long way from the new forest but we have just arrived back home from a week in Yorkshire What a beautiful area the scenery is breathtaking .im not a cyclist but there are loads of cyclists in the area so I'm assuming that it's cycle friendly definateley good for dogs .If you have a car with you be sure to visit Clay Bank and Lordstones they views are jaw dropping.The area is great for walkers.As a plus we had good weather as well.enjoy wherever you end up
Brian & Jo

Any particular places you can recommend Brian? We enjoy a walk and have 2 Labs to keep us company.

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
We live on the south coast bl**dy freezing compared to France. Best places in the south are the channel ports.:D
Disagree.. Finished work at 4pm and was in the sea for a swim for a good half hour. Water was lovely

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Disagree.. Finished work at 4pm and was in the sea for a swim for a good half hour. Water was lovely
Must be barking not a holiday unless the air temp is at least 30 deg.:)

We live 200 yds from the beach in Sussex can't remember the last time it was warm enough to swim in the sea.
Last time I went in the sea was January in Bali air temp 35 water 30 that was OK.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
PauI we can recommend Jim's site very peaceful you can cycle or walk miles and have dog friendly beaches. (y)

Woodlands at Sheringham well worth a visit lots of walks through parkland with views to the sea. If no toad buses go past the site entrance north and south to coastal resorts, Cromer, Sheringham Wells etc.

Sounds like the site my bestest mate @Diabalo is looking for, thanks Larry love north Norfolk but tend to do the THS sites at schools when we visit, :eek: loads of kids. :LOL:
Looks a lovely site. (y) Bob.

John Stanton

Free Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chipping Campden
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 (Heap of crap)
Exp
10 years
Purbeck in Dorset, its got everything on your wish list.
Totally agree, Dorset is a great county and the UK is such a great place to live and can match anything Europe has to offer (Devon, Lake District, Cornwall, Peak District, Yorkshire, Wales, Scotland etc ....) so far as scenery is concerned.

Just a shame some on this forum who live here don't appreciate what they have. To quote one idiot who said "not a holiday unless the air temp is at least 30 deg" then they really do need to get out more or maybe just move to Benidorm which would presumably tick all their boxes - very sad.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
To quote one idiot who said "not a holiday unless the air temp is at least 30 deg" then they really do need to get out more or maybe just move to Benidorm which would presumably tick all their boxes - very sad.

Woa, hold on a goddam minute, that was totally tongue in cheek I'm sure and even if it wasn't you can't call someone an idiot if that is their viewpoint!

I live in the New Forest, the deer walk through my garden, the ponies congregate just a few yards away under an old oak to shelter from the sun and places like Corfe and Poole and Lulworth and Chapmans Pool and Man-O-War bay are all within an hour's drive.
Lymington, Brokenhurst, Lyndhurst camping in the forest sites, is there any need for more?

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
My first thought was to say you can have the UK for free, it's been spoiled now since last June, but being practical........
We used to live in south east, then the south west of Kent ( we still have a house there)
Lovely area, lots to see, nice safe beaches and the water will be warm enough to swim in, if not, get a wet suit!
We will be back in the UK at the end of Sept for a month or so. We are travelling over to South Wales then up to the Midlands, Suffolk then down to Kent again. We may stray off the route depending in the weather, ( Mrs A has a hankering to go to the New Forest) .but there is so much to see, some lovely places, spoilt only by the fact that there are few places where you can just turn up in a motorhome and stay the night.
We will be using non phone ahead Brit Stops, maybe a campsite or two and friends driveways.
Good luck with your trip.

D

DM14742

Deleted User
Totally agree, Dorset is a great county and the UK is such a great place to live and can match anything Europe has to offer (Devon, Lake District, Cornwall, Peak District, Yorkshire, Wales, Scotland etc ....) so far as scenery is concerned.

Just a shame some on this forum who live here don't appreciate what they have. To quote one idiot who said "not a holiday unless the air temp is at least 30 deg" then they really do need to get out more or maybe just move to Benidorm which would presumably tick all their boxes - very sad.
Love your first paragraph but the second!!!

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10

Thank's for the input John, I agree with all that said and like you I love the UK regardless of last June @Allanm.

But we simply can't and don't go around calling people idiots on this site, it's one of them be rules you know. It helps keep the place nice and friendly. Opinions are just that, opinions, can't think my two big black hairy beasts would last 2 weeks in plus 30 degrees but it's a matter of choice for some and they are of course welcome to it.

Thanks for all the input, so it's begining to look like I will be losing part the holiday to be @Jim and Sians for a few days, then off to the New Forrest to check up on what @Popeye says by staying on a site and by running the New Forrest Marathon, so look out for me in case I run past your garden, I might drag you out your sauna and in to the cold ha ha.
Then I think it will be off to Devon for a few days and some sea swimming before heading back up towards Stratford upon avon for the Heart of England marathon and then back home to the chaos of having half the house knocked down.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
and the occasional little splash of rain
:LOL:been raining on me down in the south west since 26th last. :cry: Month,apart from a couple of days. Lightening today in Somerset. Then there's the Friday, Saturday and Sunday 20,30 ,40,etc; mile traffic jams on mway.:confused:

John Stanton

Free Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chipping Campden
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 (Heap of crap)
Exp
10 years
Thank's for the input John, I agree with all that said and like you I love the UK regardless of last June @Allanm.

But we simply can't and don't go around calling people idiots on this site, it's one of them be rules you know.

I'll agree that my words should have targetted the sentiment rather than the person, but if a ridiculous statement is posted then in my view it is absolutely fair game for being ridiculed.

We've extensively toured most of the UK and Europe, hot and cold, and really do not understand why people who live (and presumably choose to live) in the UK are so critical of life here. Of course it isn't perfect, and one of the imperfect parameters of life here in the UK is the climate, but in spite of that we are privileged to live in a beautiful country north, south, east and west and we would rather base ourselves here and enjoy motor home holidays in the UK as well as Europe when it suits us. For us the temperature has bugger all to do with our enjoyment of the "holiday", it is the surroundings and those we are with that dictate enjoyment.

Those that choose to live here and do not appreciate this is beyond me. If the climate is their sole issue then the simple solution is to move to southern France or other warmer European countries, but if you choose not to live outside the UK then you should respect and appreciate the country you live in - simples :)

Meanwhile, if anyone else makes a ridiculous statement then I reserve the right to ridicule it, with apologies in advance to anyone that this affects. :(

Last edited:

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
If you are a member of CCC there is a temp holiday site at Porth Beach Cornwall 1_15th september just across road from great beach, coastal path either direction. £13 includes electric, we were there last year may go again if I can escape grandchild wrangling.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back