LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Due to building works and Haggers being to tight to take a second holiday this year on the continent, Mrs Haggers and I have decided we will spend a couple of weeks in the UK this September.

We have sort of decided to head south because I hear it's warmer down there ;-) ..

So I / we are looking for somewhere that is super dog friendly preferably where they and I may swim in the sea. Nice place to get out and do 50+ miles on my bike, somewhere that might have open water swimming. The quieter the better (till we get there of course) I need to be in the New Forrest for Saturday the 10th for the New Forrest Marathon but other than that sell us your best spots and give us some ideas.... It's over 15 years since we last had a full on solid UK holiday we don't mind driving between resorts.

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
It's being marked down my the minute, I'd hang on if I were you. They'll pay you to tow it away soon.:LOL:

Dick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I can see this being a short thread..
Especially after you take out all the "nip over to France" replies..

Have a good break wherever you end up.. (y)

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
There's loads of places.. errrrrmmmm.....

Seriously. Dorset, Cornwall, West Wales.

We use AccuWeather to spot on the long range forecast where is most likely to be sunny and head there. August bank holiday weekend are going to Devon.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Cornwall is always on the list but New forest marathon, how about Studland Bay some really nice walks and cycle routes, get the ferry across from Sandbanks onto the NT land in good weather is great. Third my favorite is always Suffolk where the coast between Felixstowe ferry and Southwold is fantastic but then I am probably a bit bios as I have been visiting since my early teens. Fantastic coastal regions with oldie world towns and villages. The Vulcan Arms CL on the beach at Sizewell on Friday night music night is great. Fantastic running and walking the dog but cant comment on the swimming. Enjoy wherever you end up, we are blessed with some fantastic touring areas.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We had a week in Kent last December - loved it - Ramsgate, Sandwich, Dungeness, Whitstable, Rye, Broadstairs, Canterbury. Not sure what it would be like with the bears though.,,,,

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Sell you the UK!

Lovely people,very friendly.
Super weather in September,in the south.
No worries re currency.
Fantastic scenery.
Lots of wonderful places to walk.
Many historical sights.
Easy to take a trip to London from the south coast.
Great pubs to enjoy fine ales and good food.

There's nowhere like it really,just fantastic!
Enjoy.

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Oh,and I forgot to mention........they speak the same language as you down there.
Well,almost;);)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Easy.
It's cold up north
It's less cold down south
It's wet in the west
It's flat in the east
It's sort of OK in the middle
In Wales they don't like the English
In Scotland they don't like the English
The Isle of Man is expensive
Ireland is expensive.

Best stay at home Haggers :rofl:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Check out jasmincamping.com

Great for dogs, acres upon miles of blue flag dog friendly beach
Miles of flat traffic free roads as well as some testing hills in the Wolds just 4 miles inland
Always the best of the weather in the UK

It's miles from the New Forest, but very close to Siân's Gin cellar . :D

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
The Wye Valley, good wild swimming. Sorry don't know any sites but a google earth scan along the river south of Symonds Yat shows quite a few temporary sites, might be worth a search.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
There nothing left to sell the torrys have sold it all
Bill
Not wanting a political argument, but if I recall correctly, Gordon Brown was a Labour chancellor when half our gold reserves were given away.(n)

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
The U.K. is wonderful, especially north-west Scotland. Our two week annual holiday starts on Thursday. Four nights in London (SWMBO is singing at Westminster Abbey over the weekend), one night back home in the house, three nights in Shropshire (thanks to whoever suggested Small Batch a few weeks ago, which looks lovely) and then four nights at Barford Top in Leicestershire, about six miles from home. In six years of motorhoming we have never been abroad as the wife gets seasick, although I am optimistic that I may get her in the Chunnel next year because she wants to visit her Dutch relatives.

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
The Millennium Coastal Park and Pembrey Country Park

Coastal Parking at Burry Port harbour for £8 night or on the campsite in the Country park, where the Funster meet will be in September.
Long Sandy beaches, great cycling and walking with several tracks going inland up the valleys.
There was a Triathlon last weekend in BP so the sea is fit for swimming when the tide is right.
Cheers
Ed

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I say South Pembrokeshire.

I know it's miles from the New Forest, but you could run there as part of your warm up(y)

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
The UK has a lot to offer, maybe not always the best weather, but a lot of lovely pubs doing great food, museums and places of interest, magnificent scenery and friendly people. Enjoy your trip, wherever you go. We are heading towards Richmond at the beginning of September. Looking forward to it!

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Come and stay at ours.
No payment needs, just paint a window per day!:)

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
wow, what a load of negatives you are!! Can't wait for our holiday and keep it coming.

I happen to believe the UK has a lot to offer,

So far I've got to nip to Sian's gin palace for a few days before heading to the south coast having painted @jonandshell s windows. I am really fancying the UK now and the ideas are getting better. I have also spent long periods in the North West of Scotland and love it up there but this time we want to be in England.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Again Paul it's a long way from the new forest but we have just arrived back home from a week in Yorkshire What a beautiful area the scenery is breathtaking .im not a cyclist but there are loads of cyclists in the area so I'm assuming that it's cycle friendly definateley good for dogs .If you have a car with you be sure to visit Clay Bank and Lordstones they views are jaw dropping.The area is great for walkers.As a plus we had good weather as well.enjoy wherever you end up
Brian & Jo

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back