Oil warning lights on Euro 6 Ducato (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Thanks, it a Hymer B544 year 2015 which I think is Euro 5. I hope the company that did the service put the correct oil in? Hope this helps

You really need to double check what engine you have as you said you thought E5? We had a 2015 Exsis I which had a 150 E6 engine so worth a check just in case.

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
There are two possible issues here. Check the mechanical dipstick, it will indicate whether you are low on oil or not. Anywhere between the Min and Max marks is fine, although if the level is very close to the Min mark, it would be worth topping up with half a litre of oil.

Euro 5+ engine, which a 2015 may well be, also has the oil degradation counter, which has to be reset separately to the service counter. If the service counter has been reset, the distance to the next oil change will have updated correctly, but unless the degradation counter has been reset, it could be alerting you that the oil needs changing because it is calculating the condition of the oil from a previous oil change.

I'd be surprised if it needed more oil 1000 miles after an oil change. More likely that one or both of the counters haven't been reset. The other possibility could be a faulty sensor.

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
Recently had the first hab service on our euro 6 Ducato and decided to have the engine oil and Filter changed at the same time as the oil takes a hammering on the first few thousand miles, first trip out had the oil level warning light come on, plugged in a odb code reader faut code p250A fault on oil level sensor, turns out the dealer had overfilled it it was over 1 cm over the max mark instead of between the marks, removed some of the oil and no problems since.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
thanks for the correction..... Rodders1234 seems i could be wrong apologies..
Later Euro 5+ handbooks also state 0W30. The only reason for the change to 0W30 oil on latest engine is to obtain marginal improvements in overall emissions figures, which helps Fiat get closer to the averaged EU target across their vehicle range and reduces the penalties that they have to pay on the difference. Whether it's any better for the engine is a different question.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SHABBINS

Free Member
May 4, 2018
sheffield
Funster No
MH
IH RD600
Exp
Speaking to Fiat tech about 2019 engine oil level sensor problem. He said, make sure dash has completed set up after ignition on before operating starter or oil level sensor check is bypassed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back