oil pump (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
well the oil pump has site it's shelf looks like a lot of damage could have been done don't think I have the will to go on lost the will to live with this one

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
After all your trouble finding and fitting the replacement engine. I feel for you. I wrecked a mini engine a week after I rebuilt it but that was nothing, very easy to fix.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
if worst comes to worse Terry knows a man who may be able to get another engine
the engine I need is rarer than rocking hors s.....t rebuild bottom end whip the head of and put the refurbished one on if that one is knackered slip pistons out de glaze by that time crank will be back re build every thing

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
the good news is there après to be no damage to cam shaft or mane Barings looks like engine will still have to rip it out to look at the oil pump

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
ok story so far removed oil sump big ends aperre ok shells ok bits of black rubber in sump pan and traces of white metal
in the oil that après to come Frome mane Barings as there is traces on mane baring gap like it's been extruded melted so take engine out tomorrow :cry: :crying: :swear:
oil pump definitely failed I do have a spare one

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
weather forecast good for next for days count my blessings te shirt sorts job beater than trying to do this in winter :cooler:

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
will be sending the crank away tomorrow wont se it for at lest two week's and that is the fasted any one can do it never mind

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Was it the oil pump drive which failed?

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
looks that way but not feeling to good today will look tomorrow there is debris in the pump looks like it destroyed it's shelf
before braking the drive thank god I had my eye on the gauges

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
so fare
hi bill 2.5 enging might be for sale not mine
over the bridge now crank gone for re work and striped every thing down just cleaning it all up now then flus oil system done so much work today on it may as well finish the job now but PM sent engine cant be any later than 1991 explained in pm

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I'm a bit puzzled. I can understand the pump drive failing but if the pump itself failed first I wonder what could have caused it? Would the gears just have broken up on their own? (Assuming it is a gear pump). Or did it draw in some debris? If it sucked in debris there should at least be a mesh filter somewhere. Worth checking it is fitted and sound.

I don't know the engine so I maybe talking ball cocks but I've taken a few engines apart in my time - and some of them even worked again afterwards.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Wish we were nearer Bill. Not sure that I could help except I can hold and pass things and make tea / coffee / biscuits/ dinner ....... at least I can offer moral support.

I do love unusual and rare stuff but get parts can be a fruitless and thankless task.

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I'm a bit puzzled. I can understand the pump drive failing but if the pump itself failed first I wonder what could have caused it? Would the gears just have broken up on their own? (Assuming it is a gear pump). Or did it draw in some debris? If it sucked in debris there should at least be a mesh filter somewhere. Worth checking it is fitted and sound.

I don't know the engine so I maybe talking ball cocks but I've taken a few engines apart in my time - and some of them even worked again afterwards.
I am just in the process of the post mortem to find out case of death now using parts from three engines to make on this is my last chance the oil pump off the old engine is good the pistons an short engine are good

just in proses of finding out case of death haven't on much today but did a heap yesterday and knackered my shelf the top end is good the crank case is good the cam shaft needs work regrind
I bought a very low milige 2.8 engine but it would not fit my engine so the oil pump will fit oil strainer is same to

Reactions: DBK

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Don't give up and hopefully soon you will begin to see the light at end of tunnel.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Too hot to do much today Bill. It was 27 in the shade at 3pm here in Southern Scotland.

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Don't give up and hopefully soon you will begin to see the light at end of tunnel.
yes I do see the light but its sum b........d with a torch and more bad news

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back