oil pump (1 Viewer)

Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
The best lives just rebelled the injectors and with a grunt it fired in to life a bit lumpy to start with but now ticking over nice.
never herd a smoother engine in it just got to put half shafts back in and plumb up a few things
And to ad no essay start or heater plugs

Well done! In awe at your mechanical skills.

Tim

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
These modern motor mech course are close to a waste of time all they teach is how to change parts not repair them
Well done with engine rebuild bill now to run it in nice and easy for a bit then
Vroom vroom :rolleyes::rolleyes:
You are stubborn star :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Well it's been a bitch in more ways than on but the thing is running out of all the rebuilds I have done I think this one has been the hardest never been so deep in to an engine.
And been so involved in the challenges it set me hope this is the end of my bad luck.
She is smoking a bit but think that it will take a bit of a run just to get rid of all the oil from the rebuild and settle every thing in.
a bit of a steady run in then an oil change
The wiring needs sorting out now birds nest.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
SUPERB NEWS.

Just as I set off to meet my Princess and start our tour...

Well done Bill... let's hope it all settles down nicely and gives you lots of wonderful times on the road.

JJ :cool:

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Driving lovely but a bit acrid smoke don't know weather it is advanced or retarded on the pump.
May be running a bit rich me thinks

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
first night out just going down the canal for a wee wild camp les than half mile from home just to se if we still like motorhoming or not

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Bill how many 'spare 'washers or other parts have you left after the rebuild ?
I always seemed to find one or two when everything was back together and purring. :p

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Great news you have got it running. Well done!

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Well after nearly a three week lay up the leisure battery's are full to bursting fully charged up.
And no drain on them from any where I covered the panels yesterday.
so TV should work

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Bill how many 'spare 'washers or other parts have you left after the rebuild ?
I always seemed to find one or two when everything was back together and purring. :p
As I have made one engine from three I have lodes of bits left but I have checked a double checked the component of the final rebuild.
But was three washers short so had to cannibalise sum off the other engine one locking washer/plate for the piston oiler one taper washers for the injector clamp and a copper washer for the oil filter retaining bolt.
Had every part that could be taken off cleaned ether put back on or replaced if suspect in any way.
I have never been this in depth in to an engine it been one of the most rewarding things mechanically I have ever don with my current health problems frozen shoulder
And prolapse disk and osteoporosis unusual in a man but crippling I and just me and my two grand children to help.
but the real star has been the wee man when I fund it hard to pick something up he done it.
I spent most of my time ether siting down doing the job or laying down and to save me moving he would get the tools I needed.
He worked the engine crane for me and we did have a few fall out's and crossed words and he did call me a d....head.
But in two week's he has never left my side his friend's would call but all he sad was I am busy today cant play
Don't even ask abut the waster son's never seen them but I wont miss them.
When I do se the twat's.
Sorry for rambling on.
Bill

signworks

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2013
wrose bradford
Funster No
MH
swift bolero
Exp
since 2009
Well done you have true Yorkshire grit hope all goes well from now on Happy camping :):)(y)(y)(y)

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Ok she has only don les than one mile from rebuild under load it smoking like a bithch,
But that's her just clearing her throat the engine sounds sweet pulling well turbo I can fell it kick in going to take her for a bigger run tomorrow nice and steady. Down sum country roads to sum of our wilding spots
I am sure it will take abut 50 mls to sort its self out but it's nice to be out and abut agene siting in one of our local wilding spots next to the canal.
Just going to open a can of beer chill time

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Ok she has only don les than one mile from rebuild under load it smoking like a bithch,
But that's her just clearing her throat the engine sounds sweet pulling well turbo I can fell it kick in going to take her for a bigger run tomorrow nice and steady. Down sum country roads to sum of our wilding spots
I am sure it will take abut 50 mls to sort its self out but it's nice to be out and abut agene siting in one of our local wilding spots next to the canal.
Just going to open a can of beer chill time

I think you've earned that beer Bill (y)

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
any way that's this thread over and done with

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
love to read your threads Bill, but very very pleased that this one has come to a good conclusion. Enjoy that beer and theres another waiting from me when we eventually meet up some time(y)

trevosky

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Street, Somerset
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
on and off 16 years plus
I am very pleased for you Bill, a lot more knowledge and patience than I have.. Well done.
Trevor

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I don't know why you ever doubted yourself (y)(y)

It just makes it bl**dy hard work when your body doesn't work as well as you would like it to.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Bill I am in awe of you :)) such perseverance has to be admired . I hope your van goes on and on with no more problems .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back