Oil light flashing..help?... Peugeot Boxer 2015 (1 Viewer)

May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
In middle of Germany and after a short break this morning we drove off and the oil warning light keeps flashing.
Checked oil levels.. fine
Last full service was about 4000 miles ago including oil change.
Apart from the flashing oil light no other messages.
Has anyone any advice or thoughts please?

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
At start up the instrument panel should indicate the oil level and then if that's OK it may be an oil degradation warning. Had that on mine after 10k, needed an oil change, had this done and no more oil warning lights. Maybe check what type of oil was used on your last change.handbook on mine advised to change at earliest opportunity but not critical.BTW mines a 2017 boxer.

Feb 15, 2014
cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E450
Exp
3 years
did they reset it if light was not flashing at service they might have forgot,some vehicles can be a pain to get to reset, my work van started flashing for about 20 seconds a couple of weeks after i bought it and we could not reset it untill the snap on scanner has an update, would not worry about it too much if oil level ok and no noises

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I have seen this reported before.
It's likely it's a mis-read on the system.

If you want to reset the oil light then this is the procedure.

Fully depress the THROTTLE PEDAL and while keeping the throttle pedal depressed, depress the BRAKE PEDAL. Turn the ignition key to “ON” position without starting the engine. Continue holding the throttle and brake pedals until the CHANGE ENGINE OIL appears on the display. Turn the ignition off and start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
You can check the Internet for a way of turning off the warning light, combination of brake peddle pumps and turn on ignition or something like that. They do work but maybe best to check why it's on in the first place.

OP
OP
sylvester1954
May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
did they reset it if light was not flashing at service they might have forgot,some vehicles can be a pain to get to reset, my work van started flashing for about 20 seconds a couple of weeks after i bought it and we could not reset it untill the snap on scanner has an update, would not worry about it too much if oil level ok and no noises
Thanks for your reply. I just read on another forum to press both accelerator and brake with ignition on for 30 seconds. Did so then turned on engine and light has gone. Apparently some Peugeot engines are allied to the Ford transit and this is a known occurrence with the same resolution?

OP
OP
sylvester1954
May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013

Fully depress the THROTTLE PEDAL and while keeping the throttle pedal depressed, depress the BRAKE PEDAL. Turn the ignition key to “ON” position without starting the engine. Continue holding the throttle and brake pedals until the CHANGE ENGINE OIL appears on the display. Turn the ignition off and start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
Brilliant thank you

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
The OP's Autosleeper Kingham is a Peugeot Boxer with a Ford Transit based cam chain engine and a different engine to the Ducato cam belt engine, so I'm not sure the resetting procedure on the video is applicable as is a different procedure to the Peugeot Boxer one I set out.

Can anybody clarify if both resetting methods work on either the Fiat Ducato and the Peugeot Boxer or they are different for each of them

Oct 27, 2017
Perth
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2014
I couldn’t get the 7 brake pushes procedure to work on my 2016 Ducato engine. The flashing light came on maybe 1000 miles after a full service at 27000 miles. Unfortunately it came on just as I reached France for a six-week tour. I guess the non-Fiat garage didn’t reset stuff (correctly?).

My manual states an oil change must be done within 500km. It also says engine revs will be limited to 3000 after an unspecified distance, and then to 1500 after another unspecified distance.

Any thoughts on whether I need to get the parameters reset within 500km, which will be soon? Anyone know how far I can go before limp-mode is imposed on me.

Thanks...Keith_worrying_in_the_sun_at_Honfleur

davieray20

Free Member
Dec 5, 2020
Funster No
MH
VW T25 tintop.
Exp
Since 2008

Dude. My mate just phoned me in the middle of the night on the M6 because his vans oil light was flashing in a van he hasn't had that long and he was worried if he kept driving it something would blow. I found this post, told him what to do with the pedals and now he thinks I'm some kind of mechanical wizard. Thank you so much, we are both incredibly grateful.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back