Oil Leak Peugeot 2.2hdi (1 Viewer)

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
I've just been out to see about jacking up the MH to check the brake pads when I noticed an oil stain on the engine just by the join with the gearbox. It appears to be coming from where a black plastic box joins into the engine and that box sits just behind and above the starter motor. It has pipes that go to the sump and also the rocker cover so must be some sort of breather box. The junction into the engine appears to be a push fit circular affair about an inch or so in diameter. I'm not familiar with deisels in general or this engine in particular. Is this something to worry about. we are off to France in 9 days time for two weeks.

Edit: This is on a 2006 X244 chassis. Engine has done nearly 21,000 miles. Oil is not dripping but stain has gone to bottom of engine .

Last edited:

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
hi stevec, ive tried to have a look on line to see if I can identify the parts you describe as the breather system on your engine . does the black box look like the one in the link ill try and post.
Broken Link Removed...
if its just a slight oil stain around a pipe joint on the breather I don't think you need worry... im not a mechanic
but from messing around with engines all my life don't think what you see is unusual or anything to worry about..
hopefully you will get more advice, but that's my views , if it is the breather pipes.
ta andy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
stevec
Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks Andy,
Looks a bit like that. The starter motor blocks the view from below and there's loads of pipework at the front of the engine obscuring the engine block from above. Certainly a breather of some sort. I'll keep an eye on it over the next couple of weeks.

Brycieb

Free Member
Jan 10, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Thanks Andy,
Looks a bit like that. The starter motor blocks the view from below and there's loads of pipework at the front of the engine obscuring the engine block from above. Certainly a breather of some sort. I'll keep an eye on it over the next couple of weeks.
Hi Andy

I know it's been a few years but did you ever sort this problem? I've got a leak from the same point.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back