Oil leak advice Fiat 2.3 130 multijet (1 Viewer)

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Ok thanks Andy, didn't know he was up there, glad he's leak's getting better, , see you soon mate.

Eric

OP
OP
Jimbohorlicks
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
As a belated update and thanks
Just to say thanks for all the info and advice offered. The leak was just a weeping type of leak if that explains the situation which i managed to soak up with some old towelling and kitchen roll, which i changed at every night stop . I ordered a filter housing on line, £79.55 and bought a filter and o ring at europarts inverness £13.99 just in case i had to do a repair-I fitted the new filter this morning when we arrived home after our Scottish tour and meet at Falkirk.
The only issue i had was putting the filter back onto the bracket which i subsequently unbolted in order to fit the housing.
I will split the leaking unit and install a new filter and o ring and then use as a back up spare( assuming it doesn't leak)
For info i called into a large Fiat dealership garage in Inverness that was recommended to me by a Scottish motorhomer, they wanted £240 for a replacement filter housing and 2-3 days delivery . To replace an internal filter their trusty mechanic, who had been fitting them for 20 years, said he used a block of wood and a hammer to "knock" the top round-I declined the offer and bandaged up the leak as i wasn't brave enough to tackle the job without a garage back up or having the replacement housing to hand.

thanks again for the useful advice( funsters to the rescue) and the links from Techno with the clear descriptions for fitting

cheers(y):D:D:D:D
Jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Yes typical garage tools a block of wood and a hammer Oh Please! :LOL: and probably crushes it in a vice while doing it. £16 for the right tool but no he knows what he's doing

I wonder what size hammer equals 30nm torque?

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
A Niesman & biscuit has just parked next to me and they've gone off on their bikes. I've noticed its dripping from the engine bay , not sure whether I should give them the good news

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
handy your'e on hand, Andy

[try saying that after a couple;)]

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
just had an image of a man licking the ground under a motorhome and smiling, don't get caught

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back