Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
c build
Exp
6 yr
THIS IS NOT MINE hope it helps

WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING
To anyone who may have purchased a Challenge 1KW Mini Oil Filled Radiator (most likely from Argos) you may want to switch it off NOW! Thank goodness for smoke detectors and my motorhome being on the drive. I bought one of these a month ago, but noticed a little oil had spilled out of it, so took it back today and exchanged it for another. Big mistake. Only three hours after switching it on, hot oil has run out burning a large hole through the carpet and damaging the wooden flooring underneath. The van wa

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hot oil has run out burning a large hole through the carpet and damaging the wooden flooring underneath.
Another scare story.......
The oil will never get hot enough to ignite anything.
Its no different to oil in a chip pan.
The worst it will do is ruin the carpet.
No matter where its bought or what make it is it's always worth standing it on a tray just incase it does leak.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Another scare story.......
The oil will never get hot enough to ignite anything.
Its no different to oil in a chip pan.
The worst it will do is ruin the carpet.
No matter where its bought or what make it is it's always worth standing it on a tray just incase it does leak.
It's a lot different to oil in a chip pan - because it's no-where near as hot as oil in a chip pan :). The oil inside any oil-filled heater is no hotter than the outer metalwork so if your hand doesn't burst into flames when you touch it the oil won't either.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back