oil filled radiators

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Berto, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Berto

Berto Deleted User

Ratings:
    +0
    hi everybody,
    Would it be safe to use a 700watt,electric oil filed radiator on a 16amp site or am i going to blow the hook up fuse?

2. keith

keith Funster

Ratings:
    +1,886
    700w is only about 3 amps so you have got plenty to spare. ::bigsmile:
    For a rough guide you devide the watts by the voltage, therefore 700 / 240 is approximatley 3 amps plus whatever alse you decide to run. :thumb:

3. Berto

Berto Deleted User

Ratings:
    +0
    ::bigsmile:hi keith, thanks for such a speedy answer, and thanks for the formula that is a BIG BIG help, up till now every time i flick a switch i cringe ::bigsmile:

4. keith

keith Funster

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Sound like my wife she does the same. :ROFLMAO:
    If abroad where the elec. can be as low as 5amp :Eeek: you have to know how to manage it, only having appliances that are below the maximum.
    Don't forget your fridge & battery charger take some power, but not a great deal, so with 16 amps, as we get in the UK, it's not a problem

5. rambling sid

rambling sid Deleted User

Ratings:
    +0
    We always use an oil filled radiator; it's possibly not as efficient as a blow heater, but we like the fact that it is silent and you can leave it on low all night.

6. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Ratings:
    +97,974
    I agree Sid, fan heaters heat a room quickly but if we have them on for a long time I suffer with a sore throat. No such problems with an oil filled rad, and like you say, silent and you can safely leave them on