Oh where oh were has my water pump gone? (1 Viewer)

AXO66

Free Member
Oct 6, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Chasson 510
Exp
i can’t find my water pump.

It’s hiding ............somewhere ........in our chausson 510

I think it’s , currently hiding, ....... somewhere around the water tank. The tank is midships under a screwed? down seat base.

Does anybody know where it is and how to entice it out, so I can give it a good winterising later in the year.

Dunc

Free Member
Aug 11, 2017
Redcar
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 625
Exp
Fairly New
Hi

I have a 625 and the water tank is under the additional travelling seats with the water pump in the boxed in section next to it on the side wall behind the passenger seat. When operated you should be able to hear and locate it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 2, 2017
South Kent Coast.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
Its best not to go looking for trouble if your motorhome water pump is working correctly. No winterising required other than frost protection. Lost water pumps can normally be found when they run out of water and start vibrating.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
You're a bit late for winterising, but just in time for a spring clean. If it's not in the tank you'll have to follow the pipework, as best you can. As it's a serviceable item, there should be a cover to access it from somewhere. Run the pump and listen for it (assuming it's still working).

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Hi

I have a 625 and the water tank is under the additional travelling seats with the water pump in the boxed in section next to it on the side wall behind the passenger seat. When operated you should be able to hear and locate it.

On our Best of 10 the water tank is under the rear seats and there is a removable small seat next to them, take that seat out and under it on the wall is a small boxed in section with a removable lid, inside is the pump.

OP
OP
AXO66

AXO66

Free Member
Oct 6, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Chasson 510
Exp
Thanks for the replies. Pump defiantly working , and I frost protect by running it until air coming out of the taps. But recently re-read the pump handbook that advises disconnecting the in and out pipes after getting the water out. So thought I’d try and find it, which should be easy, but isn’t as It’s hiding.

Think the 510 is similar to best of ten , except under the little seat that lifts to enable you to get your legs in when using rear travelling seats , is the back of the electric box. In front of that is the water heater tank.
Will have a look inside the water tank when empty , , and then set about finding screws to take seat cover off later in the year.
Once again thank you.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Its under the seat behind the passenger seat on our best of 10 together with the water heater and electrical fuses. You have to take off the cushions then lift up the base there are no screws. There is a yellow valve you lift to drain the water heater but I haven't bothered taking off the pipes as the instructions say. A mod I have found really useful is to put a push fit tap from the DIY shop on the fresh water tank drain its a lot easier than taking a blanking plug on and off and we drain after every trip.

Apr 2, 2018
Funster No
We have a 510 ,when we asked the dealer we were told under the two belted seat ,however you will need to unscrew the top of the seat.

Apr 20, 2012
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro 83
Exp
since Feb 2012
If it helps. The water pump on our Allegro 83 (2007) sits under the hob drawers at ground level. Mine needed repair last year and I was stumped until I looked there. I had to remove the bottom shelf to find it, however since it had been screwed down it was a bit difficult getting a screwdriver on the screw heads. Once released it wasn't too bad to fix as the connections were long enough to bring the pump forward.

OP
OP
AXO66

AXO66

Free Member
Oct 6, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Chasson 510
Exp
Above post made me re - read. Noticed i hae not shared my discoveries.
When Routed the cable for the number plate situated reversing camera, the pump was found sitting on top of the fresh water tank, which is under the lounge seat that has the seat belts attached. Little sticky paper screw covers needed taking off to expose the screws.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back