MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
OK I emailed Lunar for some details about our new to us Motorhome

I wanted to know locations of tanks etc so that I could put a safe in

this is what I got
Thank you for your email.

I am afraid that Lunar Caravans was under different ownership at the time of your vehicles manufacture and our records do not contain the requested information.

Now I am puzzled as to why when you take over a company you don't keep the the plans and stock of the old company

SO
Can anyone help me with underfloor plans of the 2007 Lunar Roadstar 800 so I know where the cabling routes, pipework and tanks are please?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
If you do get a floor plan are you really going to rely that it's accurate and start cutting? :Eeek:

Whether you get one or not someone needs to be getting under the van and checking to make sure that there's nothing in the way before you even think about making holes.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
North Derbyshire.... I have some mates up in North Derbyshire,so,i suggest you put your safe under the drivers seat,fill it with valuables and PM me,where you hide the keys to your m/ho and the key to the " Under the drivers seat....Safe."(y)(y)
Tea Bag

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Madcaravanner
Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
AFAIK Lunar have a single floor. So the way to find what is under it is to crawl under the motorhome I suspect.
No there are two floors because there is a separate floor to all the underfloor lockers

What I am trying to find and failing miserably on the web are ANY diagrams to give me an idea of where stuff is
so I can
1/ fit a safe
2/ know where the heck pipes are for when something goes wrong
3/ I AM fitting a silver/activated Charcoal water filter so trying to work out where it is going to go

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
As the floor is probably plywood composite you should be able to use a stud finder like this one

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
SO
Can anyone help me with underfloor plans of the 2007 Lunar Roadstar 800 so I know where the cabling routes, pipework and tanks are please?

Don't hold your breath, I don't recall plans ever being mentioned on FUN. A few have asked where to screw a bike rack and struggled to get an answer.

In the factory the plans rarely exist on paper, they are all in a CAD system that takes an expensive person's time to use but when they say different ownership I'll bet that really means "too much trouble".

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
In the factory the plans rarely exist on paper, they are all in a CAD system that takes an expensive person's time to use but when they say different ownership I'll bet that really means "too much trouble".
Brian, I am not sure they even have CAD plans. I suspect the fitter just uses the shortest route for the pipes and wires between the places they are trying to link.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Brian, I am not sure they even have CAD plans.

I've been a lot of such factories, they all had expensive CAD systems and very skilled operators, I worked with them. All cable runs have holes cut by the CNC systems so they follow a designated path.

This is of course to minimise people their costs.

OP
OP
Madcaravanner
Sep 12, 2016
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
Looks like I will be using very expensive Paper and Pencil and a tape measure to draw my own then

Thanks for your insight guys the Caravan was simple as you could easily see where most of the electrics were and where ALL the hoses and pipeworks were

Doctor Dave

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years followed by a break of 11 years and then 4+ years but given up now
@Madcaravanner I found exactly the same regarding records from the Swift group. I have an Autocruise Pinto (pre Swift take over) and when I asked Swift for some info they really had no idea what I was talking about.

Sorry I can't help with you question, guess you will need to crawl underneath to investigate.

Cheers

Dave

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Looks like I will be using very expensive Paper and Pencil and a tape measure to draw my own then

Well you will know they are correct.

A problem with CAD+CAM is it is so easy to change details, so this does not help your case unless their documentation is spot on.

I'm not one for hiding a safe, ours is on full view. Thieves are not total idiots and a MH is quite small so they will find it. Ours will delay them and we might lose passports but they won't get anything else of value. If we had Euros to keep safe, they will be hidden with the thieves kept busy with the safe.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
a mobile phone with a selfie stick is a godsend in these types of yobs. minimal crawling under involved

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I believe at the time, Lunar branded motorhomes were made by a factory in Belgium: Lunar never invested in production facilities for motorhomes.
I guess that might make it even more difficult to track down plans. Get that drawing board ready!

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
I tend to put the safes in the bottom wardrobe/under bed cupboard against an internal panel. Where you can fit nuts and bolts through the back and simply fit wood screws through the bottom of the safe.

Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Well you will know they are correct.

A problem with CAD+CAM is it is so easy to change details, so this does not help your case unless their documentation is spot on.

I'm not one for hiding a safe, ours is on full view. Thieves are not total idiots and a MH is quite small so they will find it. Ours will delay them and we might lose passports but they won't get anything else of value. If we had Euros to keep safe, they will be hidden with the thieves kept busy with the safe.
Thassa corker idea Borr, wees gonna do jus wot yew say...
Assur brilleunt site this'un, in'ut. (y)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User

You also have to trust that the fitters who built the thing followed the plans and actually put things where the drawing says they should be.

Would you have that much faith in any motorhome converter? I'm bloody sure I wouldn't.

OP
OP
Madcaravanner
Sep 12, 2016
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
I tend to put the safes in the bottom wardrobe/under bed cupboard against an internal panel. Where you can fit nuts and bolts through the back and simply fit wood screws through the bottom of the safe.

No good in this as wardrobes on back wall with floor into garage so just TOOO accessible

Looks like I got to twiddle my thumbs until middle of next month job list getting longer and longer for optional extras SWMBO wants

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
in most motorhomes you will struggle to find anywhere out side of the cab with anything vaguely resembling solid to fix a safe to unless you can go through to a chassis member
in spain a few years ago they were jemmying safe's out of the walls at a hotel we stayed in
probably the best thing is a safe in full view and the valubles in a hidey hole

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
When I asked Travelworld ( Hymer UK) where the built in solar wires were I was told it was STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION. for dealers only, so stuff them. I would not be buying their gear, and bought it from the internet, including the controller.

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
I can't imagine why anyone would fit a safe in a motorhome when there are literally hundreds of hidey holes. When I worked in a dealership we had a van in that some pond life had tried to break into the safe, it was absolutely wrecked with both furniture and floor having to be replaced. The thief didn't get into the safe and you've guessed it, yes it was empty.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back