Oh hell ... now I'm in trouble!!!! (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I need your help! o_O

Hubby has just 'discovered' the new Swift Rio 340 MH - a narrow coachbuilt with virtually the same layout as our current PVC (Autocruise Accent) but whereas we have the standard 2 rear opening van doors, it has a large tailgate ...

HELP ... he's SERIOUSLY considering changing my our beloved PVC for it!!!!! :eek:

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Went to look at the Rio with serious designs on getting one - but storage is very limited (over-seat/ bed lockers VERY shallow front-to-back). In the 2-berth, tiny kitchen work surface (but somehow much larger in the 4-berth!)
Decided against. Felt it was a weekender rather than a live-in. Depends what you're used to I suppose.
Still like the tailgate though!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Went to look at the Rio with serious designs on getting one - but storage is very limited (over-seat/ bed lockers VERY shallow front-to-back). In the 2-berth, tiny kitchen work surface (but somehow much larger in the 4-berth!)
Decided against. Felt it was a weekender rather than a live-in. Depends what you're used to I suppose.
Still like the tailgate though!
The kitchen in the 2 berth is smaller due to the rear full length settees that eat into the space (which can be used as single beds or a large double), the 4 berth has shorter rear settees (as it has a transverse electric drop down double above) so that's why the kitchen is bigger. Storage is a major consideration though as we have a lot of stuff we take with us.

Not seen one in the flesh as he's only JUST discovered it but he's thinking of going to see one ... even if I can put him off for now we're going to Peterborough show and he's sure to spot one there!!!! I LOVE my Accent ... :love: ... perhaps we can have 'his' and 'hers' vans .... :D

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Nice looking van. Those extra few inches of width make a huge difference over a PVC

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Stop shopping Mel!:) you know it makes sense, just slap the old fella around the head with a wet towel to sobre him up!

a swift.....Seriously? after all you have learnt.:)

Aug 25, 2009
Newhey
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Look around any campsite... Swift group motorhomes and caravans outnumber all others by at least 10 to 1 . Are we saying they are all damp? I think not.
Don't get me on this German is best B****cks, I've had 2 damp German vans and no damp Swifts!

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
We were thinking of the 4 berth but not until next year both hubby and I liked the look of it. We are more weekenders, 10 dayers, I can't envisage being away for months on end.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Tell him the Swift warranty only covers a max of 90 days outside the UK

1. The SuperSure Warranty, the Body Shell Warranty the and/or the Extended Body Shell warranty only apply to caravans purchased and used primarily within the UK, which means that the caravan is not used for continuous journeys outside of the UK of longer than 90 days per journey.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Really Mel a Swift that's going too far, If you really want to go back to a CB some of the Hymer Exsis range are not much bigger than a panel van and at least you would be able to rely on the build quality.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Really Mel a Swift that's going too far, If you really want to go back to a CB some of the Hymer Exsis range are not much bigger than a panel van and at least you would be able to rely on the build quality.

Indeed...On second thoughts Mel, forget about the wet towel treatment...Get the old fella around to the quacks for a dementia test pronto.

Sorry.... But I fear the worst:coffee:

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
My last email from them:
"I can advise that our terms and conditions still remain this conditions remains the same and that the warranty policy only applies to motorhomes purchased and used primarily within the UK and that the motorhome is not used for continuous journeys outside of the UK of longer than 90 days per journey. We would recommend referring to the Fiat of Peugeot handbook for use of the base vehicle outside of the UK. "​
So as its the body not the actual 'vehicle' that's not covered I suppose it's not TOO bad.....???

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I'm hoping that when he sees one, which he will for sure at the show, that it won't be 'practical' for our current needs ... I've made a LONG list of what we definitely want and won't compromise on and just as importantly what we do NOT want and will not put up with!

The width, or lack of it, is what is important to us - length isn't such an issue as it's only a bit longer but the width is what we've found out over the years, what make the difference as to which places we can get to and which we can't ... of course, although this is only a bit wider it IS wider ... and yes I have REMINDED him of that! :)

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Nice looking van. Those extra few inches of width make a huge difference over a PVC
As you've changed over to one which can have the width extended massively at the push of a button ... if an extra few inches make a difference what do an extra foot or two make :rolleyes:... perhaps I should be asking Sian!! :X3:

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Tell him the Swift warranty only covers a max of 90 days outside the UK
Ah yes, I'd forgotten about that ... but as we're unlikely ever to go for more than 60 days at a time I don't think that would make much difference ... but worth a try!

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Indeed...On second thoughts Mel, forget about the wet towel treatment...Get the old fella around to the quacks for a dementia test pronto.

Sorry.... But I fear the worst:coffee:
... well, we have already done our Lasting Power of Attorney docs so if I can show he's gone doolally I can stop him spending the money! Perhaps wapping him around the bonce with the wet towel a few times would 'help' him on his way ... or perhaps a frying-pan would be more efficient! :whistle:

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Oh, C'mon lads. This is obvously a wind-up. When did a woman never get her own way ?

:reel:
I have just one sentence to say to you m'lad ... "Alas poor Yorick ... I knew him well!" >:)

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Stop shopping Mel!:) you know it makes sense, just slap the old fella around the head with a wet towel to sobre him up!

a swift.....Seriously? after all you have learnt.:)
Shopping ... shopping ... moi? Noooooo, I'm quite content with our Accent and am still fettling it, even after 2 and a half years! Just remind me though Eddie, how many vans have you had in recent years ... do you think you're turning into a PVC shopaholic? ;)

Out of interest, what are you getting now? I noticed that you've said you've got something on order in another thread but I'm not sure what you plumped for in the end. :)

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Mel, why don't you do what Ralphs doing.
( as I type , what a surprise)
Can't you use all your persuasive powers for a new ( ish even ) PV to convert ? You know you want to .

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Divorce Minxy! only way to go girl!:LOL:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Shopping ... shopping ... moi? Noooooo, I'm quite content with our Accent and am still fettling it, even after 2 and a half years! Just remind me though Eddie, how many vans have you had in recent years ... do you think you're turning into a PVC shopaholic? ;)

Out of interest, what are you getting now? I noticed that you've said you've got something on order in another thread but I'm not sure what you plumped for in the end. :)

Alas my panel van days are nearly over as the Revoloution model I was getting was just not practical @ 3500 :(

So its probably a lightweight A class? Hymer or Carthago. Going to see some on way home from Spain mid may in belgium.....

Need more room to take the cats while waiting for kids to produce grandchildren to spoil..:LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back