RCRich

Free Member
Sep 23, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD690G
Exp
Hi there

I’m fairly new to motorhoming and have a query regarding habitation doors fitted to offside. We have recently ordered a new Bürstner motorhome. We were aware that the hab door is on ‘the wrong side’ but the only information regarding downside of this, was stepping out of door onto traffic side. I personally didn’t see this as much of an issue.
However, since ordering motorhome, another issue occurred to me which I hadn’t considered. When on pitch, the awning is obviously on same side as door, so this is where you would sit out. Does this mean I would have to locate motorhome nose in, so that my outdoor area is on same side as everyone else? With a forward lounge area, then my main view would be through windscreen. Parked nose in probably means a view of hedges? Do camp sites stipulate which side to use for external space?
Your thoughts and opinions would be much appreciated.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Never had a problem on any C&MC or commercial site on which way into the pitch. We've even turned the van around on a couple of pitches due to weather conditions during our stay.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

RCRich

Free Member
Sep 23, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD690G
Exp
Thanks to all for useful advice. I guess the answer is to check site policy prior to pitching up, and orientating van to suit other campers.

Thanks again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2020
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globetrott
Exp
We have a Dethleffs with hab door on the 'wrong side'. We have spent the past 3 months on 18 different CMC, CCC, CL's and CS's and not once have we been told to park a certain way. All they ever said is park aside the marker either way round.

Upvote 0

Favmeister

Free Member
Sep 11, 2020
Clun Valley, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2014
Just to chip in with broadly the same experiences but also a benefit of the "continental habitation door". On the experiences front, we've stayed at around 30 CAMC sites over the last couple of years and quite a few have initially stated the need to pitch in a certain direction. However, when I've highlighted our continental door and asked that we pitch in the opposite direction, we've never had a problem. On the benefit front, we've stayed at a couple of Brit Stops that required pitching tight up against a wall in the pub car park. Easy to do when the drivers door and habitation door are on the same side...(y)

Upvote 0
Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
When we were on a site in Rudesheim in Germany we had the opposite problem. The site lady said our door must face away from other people’s doors for privacy. I didn’t argue, she was bigger than me. By reversing on to the pitch as directed we had views of the Rhine from our lounge windows.
One site we were on in the UK said we must back onto the pitch for fire regulations. Not a problem for us but it must have put people with the habitation door on the right off.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back