Offline ‘Google’ (type) map I can upload my own POI’s to? (1 Viewer)

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
I have got to stage where my memory is not able to keep up so I want to build my own database of stopovers, POI’s, campsites to try, campsites I want to return to etc. I want to do this (ideally) in an offline app (IOS user)

Anyone done this or seen a service/app which I can do this with?

Thanks in advance.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I have got to stage where my memory is not able to keep up so I want to build my own database of stopovers, POI’s, campsites to try, campsites I want to return to etc. I want to do this (ideally) in an offline app (IOS user)

Anyone done this or seen a service/app which I can do this with?

Thanks in advance.
Not offline granted, but have you seen Google timeline, it can tell you where you have been for the last ten years.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
This is a screenshot of mine, the more you zoom in the more it finds in more detail.
Screenshot_20200829-083822.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
People don't realise just what Google maps can do, you just want to get into it, you can look back, plan ahead, look at restaurants and Aires in Street view see where you have been years ago, as well as it being the best satnav ever, always up to date, and I noticed the other day it tells you what lane to be in now, brilliant, nothing to touch it, some don't like it knowing where you have been but I'm sure no one is bothered where iv been.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
People don't realise just what Google maps can do, you just want to get into it, you can look back, plan ahead, look at restaurants and Aires in Street view see where you have been years ago, as well as it being the best satnav ever, always up to date, and I noticed the other day it tells you what lane to be in now, brilliant, nothing to touch it, some don't like it knowing where you have been but I'm sure no one is bothered where iv been.
A lot of people are scared of it using 3mb or something 🤣

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
We use the app or online version of Mapstr. This allows you to pin where you are and poi around you. Also alerts you when you pass nearby a poi you’ve plotted.
Use different icons for ease of identification etc
A2CA4BE1-B499-4E4C-A708-19208513A0BF.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back