Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
So, we are officially Funsters after we picked up or new Moho on Saturday morning. The handover went well, everything was as it should be and we were really pleased with the whole experience. We had a 450 mile journey ahead of us so I connected up the new 7" Chinese Sat Nav and off we went. We stopped overnight in Braids Park at Gretna (£16 including electric @ 10amps). The drop down Avtex TV gives a brilliant picture and pure sound quality. So we sat around the table to watch "The Voice", cracked open a bottle of Champagne and had fish and chips for tea (y). On Sunday morning the Sat Nav packed up, wouldn't switch off or reset but it was easy enough to get back on the M6 North. Anyway, it switched back on at Hamilton and worked fine. Only explanation I could think of was that it got really cold overnight in the cab area and once warmed up, it was fine. Anyway, have to say that I was pleased with the 150bhp engine upgrade and the Comfortmatic Gearbox; cruise control on and easy motoring at 68-70mph. I expected to intervene on some steeper hills but it kept going, no need for kick down, maintained 2200rpm and the hill disappeared behind us, no problem (y). Only managed about 22mpg but I guess once I have mastered the right driving style, then that will increase slightly. So, the experience begins :)

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
we are glad all went well. you will soon be a full nut case. welcome to the fun.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Congratulations on your purchase. Maybe see you at the Inverness rally in June. :)

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
well done now the fun begins :LOL: what to do with waste water, how big a Generator to have, double batteries, go south for better mpg, ect ect enjoy safe motoring (y)

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
(y)Great first trip,wow 70mph:eek: as David said set cruise at 60mph and the mpg will go up considerably.welcome to MHF(y)
Brian & Jo

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
Hi Steve, glad you have had a great trip, now that you know what to expect you can plan some more !! .
Like others have said, if you slow down a bit you will see some more and get better mpg.
Lots of rallies coming up the next 4 weeks, CCC Grampian has a easter rally at the Bus museum near Dunfermline.
The Motorhome has a 5 day rally at easter too, at the rec ground in Pitlochry (that's where we are heading)
Keep your eye out for an Elddis with "TJAY" in the windscreen would be good to meet up.
Whatever enjoy your moho where ever you take it !!
BTW thocht it wiz only Dundonians that had fish, chips and champers !! lol !!

Photo4x4

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt with over cab
Exp
Congratulations on your purchase. Maybe see you at the Inverness rally in June.
Inverness rally, that's up our way? I've checked out the rally sections and I cant see anything.

KH

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
Moodybrook said, Dundonians eat mincin tattie Payes, mibbee ingin anes an aa
English translation is,
Dundonians eat mince pies and onion ones too !!
In Dundoniian it's a mince peh and an enging ane an a !!! so you were nearly right lol !!!

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Welcome you seem to have the perfect attitude to fun, champers and fish n chips brill. Have fun:LOL:

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Hi and welcome from down here on the south coast :welc:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun