Off to Spain tomorrow. Campsite advice needed. (1 Viewer)

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
I prefer to give positive replies but I really believe that people should do a little research themselves before posting open ended questions. Campercontact is very well known and very cheap, it has all the filters needed to identify sites (as does ACSI but that's more expensive).
I've just become a little intolerant to people who post open questions expecting others to spoon feed them the answers, not just on campsites but many other topics.
Surely people can use Google, Search4Sites and the other excellent search apps before they post a question can't they?
Sorry it's an age issue :giggle:
Isn't that a little harsh?

Surely it's reasonable for folk to ask for personal recommendations of places other Funsters have actually stayed and can describe whether it's worth going to or not. :unsure:

I've always greatly appreciated first-hand recommendations of places, from others on here. :giggle:

And yes, I also like doing my own independent research as well. (y)

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Here is ok for an overnight just over a 100 miles from Santander
www.campingburgos.com
We've also stayed at Camping Burgos a couple of times after getting off the boat at Santander, and it should meet the OP's requirements for bar and pool etc. Quite a good strategic location for heading south too. We were able to get the ACSI price, but not sure if that would be still available in July?

Pusscat

Free Member
Jun 16, 2019
Devon UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Rio 320
Exp
Since 2015
I prefer to give positive replies but I really believe that people should do a little research themselves before posting open ended questions. Campercontact is very well known and very cheap, it has all the filters needed to identify sites (as does ACSI but that's more expensive).
I've just become a little intolerant to people who post open questions expecting others to spoon feed them the answers, not just on campsites but many other topics.
Surely people can use Google, Search4Sites and the other excellent search apps before they post a question can't they?
Sorry it's an age issue :giggle:

It’s nice though to hear other people’s recommendations though, brings back memories for people, let’s them share.

Not sure if it would be as friendlier and open forum if everyone’s questions were replied with a ‘use a search engine…”!

Also, it gives the opportunity for the thread to deviate and turn into another toilet or dog discussion!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 28, 2017
Leicester
Funster No
MH
None at the mo.
If ya don’t want to give helpful advise or recommendations why be on a forum do ya own thing luckily more like to help than not ,have a good time Karlb.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I use the multitude of search engines but when I see a personal recommendation or photos on these forums of routes, sites or places that look appealing I jot them in an aide memoire for future use. Very handy.

OP
OP
Karlb
Nov 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
2015 Citroen Relay
Well, thank you for all the helpful replies ! I ended up in Camping Navarrette last night. Was perfectly good for me. Weather wasn’t great there this morning so have moved on to Camping Valencia, lots of facilities here……and it’s hot, really hot !!

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Well, thank you for all the helpful replies ! I ended up in Camping Navarrette last night. Was perfectly good for me. Weather wasn’t great there this morning so have moved on to Camping Valencia, lots of facilities here……and it’s hot, really hot !!
The owners are ever so friendly there. I turned up one night late slightly out of season and the bar was shut and rather negligently I had no beer on board. The owner went into his house and and came back with 4 cans of Estrella and wouldn't take a cent for them. (y)

OP
OP
Karlb
Nov 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
2015 Citroen Relay
The owners are ever so friendly there. I turned up one night late slightly out of season and the bar was shut and rather negligently I had no beer on board. The owner went into his house and and came back with 4 cans of Estrella and wouldn't take a cent for them. (y)
I have found that also, super bunch. I must take issue with you regarding turning up abroad without sufficient alcohol…..hope that rectifies itself for the next visit !! We do have standards you know. Take care now !!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back