Off to Spain and Portugal again in January!! Where inland? (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Have visited Spain and Portugal for several years mainly along the coast. We are nomads and 3 or 4 days is long enough in one place for us. We feel that we should be visiting some inland areas of Spain in Jan/Feb. Portugal in Feb/March. Any suggestions ?

colyboy

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"

Agreed - in winter once away from the Southern (ish) low lying coastal strip and on to the higher ground it is definitely COLD!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
How far inland? anything 50km in from the coast you will get cold from around 6pm until 10am each day and can go down as low as -1C in some places. We live about 25km from coast and last year some days day time 16C night time 3C. Hope that helps. I can recommend @jumar place as a stop over.

Reactions: Jim
Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Portugal,northern third chilly and sometimes ? WET !. Skiing on the Estrellas. It is very pleasant during the winter months,but can be wet,the plus side is the Lightning displays,during the storms nwe have a ring side seat.
Tea Bag

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The area inland and directly north of Benidorm is interesting. Camping Vall de Laguar at Campell is open all year I believe. Lots of walking from the site.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back