Off to Ridgeset at the weekend (1 Viewer)

mandjhumph

Free Member
Sep 21, 2007
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Chieftan
Exp
Since 2004
Off to see Les at Ridgeset at the weekend to look at a couple of RV's, anybody dealt with them or have any thoughts.

Martyn and Jane

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Hi Martyn & Jane, Sheffield is a long hike from Bristol, what is it you're looking for?

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
How exciting, I love looking at RV's can't get enough of them. Which ones are you interested in?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
mandjhumph

mandjhumph

Free Member
Sep 21, 2007
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Chieftan
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Linda

Martyn is particularly taken with the Wiinebago's, but we seem to be travelling further and further to find the right van (don't really like to put it in writing in case it jinx's it but the house sale is now underway and we are looking at Christmas time ::bigsmile: for completion).

We did drive to Kent last weekend to Castle Motors but to be honest they didn't fill us with confidence on aftercare etc (cheap prices but as a novice I could see damp and delamination, this worried me to what I couldn't see!!)

Have also looked at RV's at Freedom in Glous, Itchy Feet in Newquay and Travel World Telford.

Basically looking for 32/34ft slide out with dinette, good kitchen storage/large wardrobes as there will be three of us living in it.

Jane

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi been to his site twice, never dealt with him but he seemed fairly straight, his prices are pretty good but no idea what his aftersales is like. Goes on the ARVE site a bit.

Olley

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Hi Jane

You could do a lot worse than to have a peek at our Landau, a gnats under 32ft with 2 slides. We are probably not too far out of your way heading north from where you are (we are in Moreton in Marsh) you are welcome to pop in en route to Ridgeset if you'd like to.

Its currently on Ebay here: Link Removed

I know what you mean about finding damp and delam after driving for hours.......you wouldn't believe some of the horrors we see in the States when we go RV shopping........overcabs with water features and hot & cold running cockroaches the size of your fist! :Eeek: :ROFLMAO:

Happy hunting! :Smile:

Linda

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
We did drive to Kent last weekend to Castle Motors but to be honest they didn't fill us with confidence on aftercare etc (cheap prices but as a novice I could see damp and delamination, this worried me to what I couldn't see!!)

:RollEyes: Wise move. IMHO. With regards Ridgeset? Although I have not had any dealings with them. I did meet Les at DVLA last year when myself and he were refused registration of our RV's. Seemed like a nice chap and emailed me back with up to date information about RVDA and it's dealings with DVLA. :winky:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Having seen the standard of Linda's stock i would certainly pay her a visit first.

Les posts on the ARVE site and seems OK.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mandjhumph

mandjhumph

Free Member
Sep 21, 2007
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Chieftan
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks for all the info guys :thumb:

Jane & Martyn

davida

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Guildford
Funster No
Exp
Hi Martin and Jane
Why you are up near Ridgesets have a look at my 2006 30 ft Sunvoyager currently at Oakwell Motorhomes Barnsley.
Like brand new 3 slides and every conceiable extra and massivily discounted to sell quickly, a saving of 35K from new.

Only selling it due to family illnesses an now very little time to use it.

Dave

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
I bought my Monaco Knight from Ridgeset and I have nothing but praise for Les and Jayne. Pre-sales was friendly and helpful, The premises were clean and tidy and the motorhomes presented beautifully. Clean, warm and welcoming. He didn't have anything in stock to met our needs but did have a couple more coming in. We decided on the Monaco. I thought the price was good (actually very good) but then he offered a better part-exchange than any other dealer we'd spoken to.
Prior to taking delivery Les gave the RV a complete chassis service and generator service. He wasn't happy with the batteries so put 6! new batteries on it as well.
During the handover he pointed out that the cooker top should have corian and took it on himself to source a replacement top. He went through everything at the pace we wanted.
The good news continued afterwards as well. We arranged to visit him as I couldn't get the cruise control to work. When we arrived there was a faint whiff of burning oil from a wheel. While we were gone he fixed the cruise control fault and stripped the front wheel down to check it out.
Since then we've called them a couple of times with other questions which they've always been happy to answer.
You may have guessed I'm pretty happy with all of my dealings with them.

Regards
Doug

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back