Off to Gorge du Verdon (1 Viewer)

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
We saw the odd motorhome but more PVCs. Good point that that you raised.

Headroom isn't too high on the agenda on a tandem!

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Great thread this @Riverbankannie and great photos everyone. So many places that I would like to go - hopefully next year.
Here's a little something else to wet your appetite, I went out on the "step into the void" at top of Aiguille du Midi. they make you wear oversized felt slippers so one has to shuffle into the box and cannot confidently step out into the void. That's my excuse anyway!
IMG_1041.JPG

Currently on one of our favourite campsites, Camping Mer du Glace just outside Chamonix.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Here's a little something else to wet your appetite, I went out on the "step into the void" at top of Aiguille du Midi. they make you wear oversized felt slippers so one has to shuffle into the box and cannot confidently step out into the void. That's my excuse anyway!
View attachment 169721
Currently on one of our favourite campsites, Camping Mer du Glace just outside Chamonix.
Loving your thread Annie but some of those drops would do me in!!!

Seine

Free Member
Jul 31, 2014
Funster No
MH
A Class Autotrail
Exp
We were inspired by a post a few weeks ago to travel to Gorge du Vedon area. Sorry cannot remember who.
Don't know how good I will be posting on the move but here's the first
Off to tunnel and there is a little bit of washing up from last night (blush) and this morning. HWMBO says I'll put a quick dishwasher run on. Last thing before leaving house, we make sure go to dishwasher to empty it and not leave shut up tight. He opens up door to be met with a wall of water and soapy foam, what happened says I, "I decided to put a squirt of washing up liquid in he says to save using a whole tablet" !!!!

An hour later, we have managed to a) find the dishes amongst the foam and clean them up one by one. b) use arms, towels etc to gather up the foam and get it outside, c) ladle out and the water that couldn't drain out because drain blocked by foam. d) remove kickboard and mop up water on floor that ran underneath.

Now I have had to leave a rack of sopping towels drying in house.

Good job we always leave plenty of time for unexpected things on journey, hopefully that's the most drama we will have.

Cite Europe tonight us the plan.
Just seen it was @clanjones
Tr

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Seine

Free Member
Jul 31, 2014
Funster No
MH
A Class Autotrail
Exp
T
We were inspired by a post a few weeks ago to travel to Gorge du Vedon area. Sorry cannot remember who.
Don't know how good I will be posting on the move but here's the first
Off to tunnel and there is a little bit of washing up from last night (blush) and this morning. HWMBO says I'll put a quick dishwasher run on. Last thing before leaving house, we make sure go to dishwasher to empty it and not leave shut up tight. He opens up door to be met with a wall of water and soapy foam, what happened says I, "I decided to put a squirt of washing up liquid in he says to save using a whole tablet" !!!!

An hour later, we have managed to a) find the dishes amongst the foam and clean them up one by one. b) use arms, towels etc to gather up the foam and get it outside, c) ladle out and the water that couldn't drain out because drain blocked by foam. d) remove kickboard and mop up water on floor that ran underneath.

Now I have had to leave a rack of sopping towels drying in house.

Good job we always leave plenty of time for unexpected things on journey, hopefully that's the most drama we will have.

Cite Europe tonight us the plan.
Just seen it was @clanjones
Try
The camp up the hill just outside Casterlan, that around the Gorge and back into Casterlan. It's a ACSI site.

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
T
Try
The camp up the hill just outside Casterlan, that around the Gorge and back into Casterlan. It's a ACSI site.
Thanks @Seine but we have moved on a bit now and on our way home.
Useful info though for others who search for ideas later.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back