Off to Conrad Andersons next week (1 Viewer)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Been toying with having a cruise control on the Beast for ages now..
Really miss having one on long cross Europe hauls..
Telephoned a couple of places and then came across Conrad Andersosn number
What nice people to deal with !

Spoke to a young lady who really knew her stuff who said she would ask a fitter chap to ring be back today
Long chat about all sorts of stuff and a few suggestions were put forward..
He is putting a package together for me that was so well priced I decided to say sod it, fit it as well !

So next Wednesday we will be off to Brum where we will spend the night in their site ( free hook up and water etc )
That way they can crack on and get it done first thing in the morning..

So far I have been very pleased and more than a little impressed with the good folk there..
Further info and updates after the job has been done :Smile:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
You shouldn't go far wrong with the good folk at CA, I used to work there so I know the setup pretty well. You might be a little disapointed if you're expecting a camping "site" though as the area is just the yard outside the workshop, no problem with that and they do supply electric hookup and water and it is pretty secure inside the big gate.

Why didn't you call us though? I'm sure we could offer you a better deal and we're only 40 miles further on::bigsmile:. (Tongue in cheek):Smile::Smile:

CA will do you a good job and you can see the many wondrous sights of Birmingham while they do it, there's canals.............and roads............... and buses................and shops..............and lots and lots of peoples:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Only kidding, there is lots to see and do in Brum, they have some superb museums too.

D.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We had our cruise control fitted at Conrad Andersons a few years ago now and can recommend their service.:thumb:
As has already been said their overnight facility is not what one would expect.:whatthe:
If I recall correctly, our cruise control was fitted by a certain gentleman named Dave Newell,:RollEyes: I wonder whatever happened to him.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

des

Free Member
Oct 1, 2007
south staffs
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
5 years
Dave Newell fitted cruise control to my autocruise when he was at CA a few years back. Great work from both dave and CA. Very surprised by the approach to the "works" - on a residential street - but delighted with the outcome. Still thinking about having Dave fitting cruise control to my Punto. Is this possible Dave? If so, pls PM a quote.

des

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
We had Cruise Control fitted by Conrad Anderson last summer and we're very impressed with it. Superb service too!:thumb::thumb:

Had a bit of a job to find it down the narrow streets but got there everntually - don't go looking for huge signs - there weren't any last year at least!:ROFLMAO:

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We had CA fit CC to our 656. They did it at Newark the same day we had the Sat system fitted. Bloody expensive weekend that was. However, very pleased with the service we received and would recommend them.

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
I'm sure we could offer you a better deal and we're only 40 miles further on

Dave, I've just put your WWW on my favs. I see you are going to Peterborough so I will try to call in and discuss my TV/Sat and Solar panel needs, might be a bit speculative since still looking for my 'ideal' MH

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Conrad Andersen are top notch - our Adria Vision had a Waeco habitation aircon installed by the dealer as per order. What a shambles. Luckily it died, and as Conrad Andersen had supplied it to the dealer, they were willing to swop it out directly for a new one as they were much closer to us than the dealer. The installation by the dealer was appalling - the chaps at CA were incredibly efficient and professional and went the extra mile to do an excellent job and correct the rubbish installation which I am sure would have caused major water ingress probs by now if the unit hadn't collapsed as it did.

One of the very few M/h accessory dealers we came across who were really excellent. Now if only all were the same........

Laurie :thumb:

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
You shouldn't go far wrong with the good folk at CA, I used to work there so I know the setup pretty well. You might be a little disapointed if you're expecting a camping "site" though as the area is just the yard outside the workshop, no problem with that and they do supply electric hookup and water and it is pretty secure inside the big gate.

Why didn't you call us though? I'm sure we could offer you a better deal and we're only 40 miles further on::bigsmile:. (Tongue in cheek):Smile::Smile:

CA will do you a good job and you can see the many wondrous sights of Birmingham while they do it, there's canals.............and roads............... and buses................and shops..............and lots and lots of peoples:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Only kidding, there is lots to see and do in Brum, they have some superb museums too.

D.

Sorry dave ::bigsmile:
I just googled cruise control and they had an 0800 number listed !
Yep, had a look on google earth and can see the parking place, but hey, tis no worse than a layby in an industrial estate in northern Italy, and at least they have elektrickery laid on :thumb:
Total price of the kit and fitting is £284.00 which I must admit seems a bit of a bargain to me :Smile:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
That is a good price, Im guessing that you have an older motorhome, pre 2000? so they'll fit the basic system. No problem with that and I can't match or better that price. There is nothing wrong with their yard I was just pointing out that it is not a "site" as such.

Enjoy your trip to Brum and give them all my regards, D.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
As you can tell from the above replies CA are an excellent, friendly firm with an excellent aftersales service. The cruise control they fitted to my Iveco works brilliantly... I recommend them highly.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Well the job is done and we are WELL pleased ( for more than the reasons expected to be honest )

The job done on the motorhome was very neat and all mess was completely cleared up as was and fingermarks on the body.
The work was done on time and the staff were very friendly and helpfull with a professional attitude

The yard is indeed just 'the yard' but it is very very secure !
Electricity was laid on as was water
After the unit was fitted the man who fitted it gave us a full run down on how it worked and what the various functions were.

As a bonus the place was just 2 or 3 minutes walk from a bus route right to the city centre so woman could satify her lust for retail therapy while I had a good chance to hone my 'nod sagely and appear really interested in a handbag' skills

Due to a name mix up we somehow ended up with the much posher and up market cruise control and head unit.. It has memory function and you can plus or minus the speed in .5klm increments.. It also has speed resume facility which is very very useful.

The error was not noticed until the job was completed but the boss took the view it was far too late to strip it all out and fit the G15 unit we had been quoted for, so stood on the quoted price anyway !

C and A might not be the largest firm in the motorhome world but they do run with old world values.. values that hopefully will mean they will be around for a very long time to come.

I have nothing but high praise for every aspect of the whole 'C and A' expirence and can def recomend them to one and all

I did take some of their fliers away with me and will have them at Newark should anyone want any further info..

Whats that you say..

Jaws, step away from the soap box

Oh.. ok.. sorry ! ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back