OFF THE GRID (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
B

bobby

Free Member
Aug 8, 2017
Funster No
thanks everyone for your input its much appreciated. would anyone have a link to purchase a b2b charger. i have a ford transit 2.5d with the bannana engine. its a 1994 reg. i am having issues with getting a dead battery after a few weeks unused but think its the radio draining it but need to look into this more as soon as i can.

cheers guys

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
thanks everyone for your input its much appreciated. would anyone have a link to purchase a b2b charger. i have a ford transit 2.5d with the bannana engine. its a 1994 reg. i am having issues with getting a dead battery after a few weeks unused but think its the radio draining it but need to look into this more as soon as i can.

cheers guys
battery is probably shot

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
the old one was this is a new one about 7 month old now and has flattened once so far after it was stood for 2 weeks

I have 160w panel with 2 leisure batteries none of my batteries go flat even over winter

OP
OP
B

bobby

Free Member
Aug 8, 2017
Funster No
What DBK says. Our Sterling B2B is rated at 50 amps max and is computer controlled to "condition" the batteries as it charges, i.e. it doesn't just blast 50 amps at the batteries. Our van doesn't have the split-charge facility so I've included a battery master. This little gizmo is connected to the leisure and starter batteries and waits for the former to reach a certain level then it trickle charges the latter. Only 3 wires to connect, simple to do. Not a big deal in normal use but keeps the engine battery charged (solar looks after the leisure batteries) when in storage.

do you have a link were you purchased yours please? thanks

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
https://www.vanbitz.com/product/battery-master/

This is the battery master.
is that what its called a battery master? or which one would be most suited do you think?

No you wanted a link to B2B's and that's what is on this page. There may well be cheaper suppliers elsewhere.

Is it your cab battery that gets flat or your hab battery or both? If its the hab you've probably left something on like a light or the water - best to turn the 12 volt system off. Cab batteries can go flat because of power required by alarms and other vehicle electronics but I don't know if that applies to a 1994 vehicle.

OP
OP
B

bobby

Free Member
Aug 8, 2017
Funster No
https://www.vanbitz.com/product/battery-master/

This is the battery master.

No you wanted a link to B2B's and that's what is on this page. There may well be cheaper suppliers elsewhere.

Is it your cab battery that gets flat or your hab battery or both? If its the hab you've probably left something on like a light or the water - best to turn the 12 volt system off. Cab batteries can go flat because of power required by alarms and other vehicle electronics but I don't know if that applies to a 1994 vehicle.

its the vehicle battety that i have had problems with. not a massive issue but i am thinking of maybe connecting the solar panel to the vehicle battery to keep topped up

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
its the vehicle battety that i have had problems with. not a massive issue but i am thinking of maybe connecting the solar panel to the vehicle battery to keep topped up
This is what you want - BCM12. It keeps the starter battery topped up from the leisure battery. I used one in our old Autoquest 100.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back