Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Whilst at the Lincoln show (and wandering in and out of MoHo's ad-nauseam), I spotted a round-topped table with an off-set 'stem'. It was fixed to the forward end of the nearside bench seat bulkhead with two U-clamps and located behind the passenger seat.

This occasional table could be swung out into the aisle, could be folded upwards and held in position on a splined shaft, or removed from the clamps completely.

I've had a punt around the net, but can't find one. Anyone got one? Or know where to source one?

OP
OP
wingman

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
(n)Thanks lads.

Must have been in an Autotrail where I saw it. Wow! Expensive direct from Autotrail though eh? Jees, £259!!

Have sourced a boom arm from eBay supplier and have looked at some table tops. Still comes up pricey, but much cheaper than 259 squid! However, that's better than trying to squeeze past the existing table when it's up.

Did think of getting the pipe bender out and pulling a few bends on some 22mm copper tube - then fixing with pipe saddles. Mmmmmm cheapskate. On second thoughts ........ Nah (n)

Thanks again
James

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
We have one in our autosleeper, it gets used more than the "big table".

Try marquise?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
(n)Thanks lads.

Must have been in an Autotrail where I saw it. Wow! Expensive direct from Autotrail though eh? Jees, £259!!

Have sourced a boom arm from eBay supplier and have looked at some table tops. Still comes up pricey, but much cheaper than 259 squid! However, that's better than trying to squeeze past the existing table when it's up.

Did think of getting the pipe bender out and pulling a few bends on some 22mm copper tube - then fixing with pipe saddles. Mmmmmm cheapskate. On second thoughts ........ Nah (n)

Thanks again
James
Not check out the price of copper tube lately have you ... it ain't cheap! :eek:

I put on in our previous MH, got the 'arm/leg' second hand off Ebay and a table at a car boot sale to use for the top for the princely sum of £4, I also got a large 'lazy Susan' and can use that top in our current van if I want. You don't need to buy the 'proper' table tops at all ... just go for a wander round markets, car boots, furniture shops etc and see what you can find - some chopping boards would also do the trick - Ikea or even Poundstretcher had some nice folding tables in and the tops would be ideal.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
We had a small round table bought from O'Leary's that we had on a pedestal in the first van. Bought the clamps and tube off ebay and transferred it to the new van last year. I wouldn't put too much weight on the "far" side but it serves our purpose and we rarely have the free standing table out now unless we're outside. I had to hoover the dust up before taking the floor shot, it's scary what the camera and flash shows up. I blame the wife.

Attachments

• P1040438.JPG
    P1040438.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 51
  • P1040435.JPG
    P1040435.JPG
    147.7 KB · Views: 53
  • P1040439.JPG
    P1040439.JPG
    163.9 KB · Views: 54
  • P1040436.JPG
    P1040436.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 51

AuldCodger

Free Member
Nov 25, 2009
?
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Earlier Bessacarr E560s had then fitted as standard and then in my opinion they foolishly removed them from later models.
Arms and fittings available on eBay as are various tops.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back