LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
Can confirm that L&V have no requirement for tracker or alarm. They work on market value.

HOWEVER as they don't publish a specific MH policy YOU. need to ensure when getting a quote that you NOTE who you spoke to, time and date as L&V record all calls. So you then explain the details of your pride and joy. Make model, fittings, fixtures any and all extras/upgrades. e.g. tow bar, solar panels, alarm, etc, etc

Just make sure you mention the value of the base MH and add anything you added to it.

the L&V only offer £1K of personal possessions BUT most have already covered these with their home contents insurance. We certainly have with our Ebikes etc.

L&V is significantly cheaper than many just make sure you mention anything you need covered and READ the T&C's

They also have UK based call centres.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
On the couple of occasions around 2000 that i used aviva, for car insurance,for my daughter's, I found them to be less than honest & willing to state anything to get you to take the policy. Fortunately I had been specific, recorded my own calls,+ day ,date hour & minute & they had to swallow & reduce premiums by some £800.
Even if they had improved I would never use them again.
Whereas when I went to L&V with works vehicles. same cover for a 50% reduction in the premium.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
My premium would have been £12 per year cheaper with a tracker yes 25P per week

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Lets be honest tell the brokers if they are going to nick it no matter what you fit they will have thought of a way to overcome it. Ask for their best price based on post code and crime stats and then challenge it, their job is to get the best price for a measure risk, the more you reduce the risk, i.e keys kept elsewhere, every alarm /tracker under the sun then the balls in your court. They work on risk assessment and as you answer the questions they type a response in the compile of facts known as the computer! Do a search on line , speak with brokers and you will find you are within £50 of the original quote , after all its a business, you are not going to win as they have the market stitched up

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back