Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
BG1I14532.jpg
VTOL Barnie.jpg

Deer taken on Shetland Mainland, I think he took the Rut decoration a bit too far and the Barn Owl was taken in Norfolk at a fantastic little cottage we have used a few times. The Owl used to visit the garden and nested in boxes in the field behind.

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
View attachment 550024View attachment 550025
Deer taken on Shetland Mainland, I think he took the Rut decoration a bit too far and the Barn Owl was taken in Norfolk at a fantastic little cottage we have used a few times. The Owl used to visit the garden and nested in boxes in the field behind.
Hope the deer got out. It doesn’t look hopelessly tangled into the rope.

I’ve done a couple of naturalist cruises and seen animals that died because they’ve become trapped in discarded nets and rope.
Edit. The deer’s drafting that fencing around? OK. Maybe soon it’ll trap them on rocks or trees 😢

OP
OP
Otter Spotter
Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC

I’ve done a couple of naturalist cruises and seen animals that died because they’ve become trapped in discarded nets and rope.
Edit. The deer’s drafting that fencing around? OK. Maybe soon it’ll trap them on rocks or trees 😢
I contacted the local gamekeeper for the area who said he had been looking for him for a couple of days and he would sort him out, I suspect that meant a bullet 🙀

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Otter Spotter
Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC

I thought it was fencing but it’s been suggested that it was off a washing line or something like that, the wood has no nail holes and the cord is too fresh for a Fence.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi. Otter Spotter
Barn Owls. Often when parked up of a night,or out late walking the dog. Watch them quartering a field,magic and when they are perched up,the colours.... Double magic,thanks for the photo.
Tea Bag

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Oh, serious money :rolleyes: .
S'pose it's worth it to get shots like that :unsure:.

Supposedly some of the Lumix point & shoot range have the technology to capture good images given the time & knowledge of how to use the technology.

Been watching YouTube tutorials about my new TZ95... it's very complicated, think I'll just use IA.

OP
OP
Otter Spotter
Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Hi. Otter Spotter
Barn Owls. Often when parked up of a night,or out late walking the dog. Watch them quartering a field,magic and when they are perched up,the colours.... Double magic,thanks for the photo.
Tea Bag
I love them, I have a special Barn I can go to where each year the female normally produces 3 young and they all usually get to adulthood. I will try and post a few shots of them. Problem I have is even my jpegs are too big in file size for MFun 😝

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
I use 'Photo & Picture Resizer' app for posting images on the forum
OI !!
I know nothing....." I am from Barcelona " Clever Clogs. :ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO: ;) (y) Isn't education a wonderful thing. On the bottom of my school reports.. " Could...NOT !! have done better " Power to your elbow. (y)
Tea Bag

OP
OP
Otter Spotter
Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Oh, serious money :rolleyes: .
S'pose it's worth it to get shots like that :unsure:.

Supposedly some of the Lumix point & shoot range have the technology to capture good images given the time & knowledge of how to use the technology.

Been watching YouTube tutorials about my new TZ95... it's very complicated, think I'll just use IA.
It’s not really about the gear, it’s fieldcraft, it’s patience, it’s being in the right place at the right time, Oh that’s fieldcraft again 🤪

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
I could have done some work to subdue the background, it’s a bit fussy, but I hate spending too much time on the computer.
I think photos should be how you see it, not messed with on computer otherwise it’s not a true image. With all the tech stuff out there now anyone take a photo and with photoshop etc can make it to how they want to see it. Just what the eye/ camera sees works best for me. I would have been very happy if I had taken that Barn owl shot. (y)

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
colorado-elk-tire-removed-1.png

There are countless instances in which sea creatures get tangled in plastic waste; sadly, land animals also face the danger of man-made objects in their environments. In Colorado, a young elk spent two years with a rubber tire around its neck, until it was recently freed by wildlife officials.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back