Free Member
May 29, 2013
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Adria
Exp
Since 2002
Almost every year I try to photograph the Otters in Scotland. I have seen the occasional one elsewhere but haven't yet managed to beat the photos I get on Mull. The lighting wasn't great as it was early morning but here are some photos from my trip in July this year.
P7110746 resize.jpg
P7110839 resize.jpg
P7110860 resize.jpg
P7110942 resize.jpg
P7111120 resize.jpg

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I worked in an office that backed onto The Gala Water, we had a table and chairs "out back" on the river bank beyond the fire escape. We often used to see them in the river if we went out for a break. When eating salmon they are very noisy :) The kits are fun and watching Mum and kits was a real time waster - especially when she had a naughty one who would hide from her.

They appeared to have no fear of us at all and would get much closer than I expected when first told about them.

Fabulous photos AnnB I never did manage to get photos of our family of otters.

Lesanda

Deceased RIP
Mar 29, 2019
Howden UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache.
Exp
35 years caravanning 4years in MH. 10 years sailing around Greece.
Great pictures well done, only ever seen em once in the wild, that was in a river in North Yorkshire, been around Scotland hundreds of times and they must see me coming! ๐Ÿ˜ต

Jun 19, 2021
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Expedition 66
Exp
Nee
I had a poorly otter cub in my wood shed a few years ago. RSPCA cared for her for about 10 weeks and then released her back on my little river. The release was so lovely to see. Iโ€™ve seen the occasional adult on the same river too.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back