oberholtz door lock (1 Viewer)

betterthenatent

Free Member
Aug 23, 2010
Funster No
Exp
first year
Hi I Have posted this question on another section of this forum, but then I noticed this section. So here goes again. I have just bought our first motor home, an autoquest 200. It has an oberholtz door lock fitted to the habitation door and I cant Lock it from the inside. Is this normal.

OP
OP
B

betterthenatent

Free Member
Aug 23, 2010
Funster No
Exp
first year
not to hand but if you google MLN073020 that is the part number for this lock from one company that sells them and they have a good photo. In fact if it should lock from the inside and mine is faulty. I will use this photo to help me strip it down and have a go at fixing it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
not to hand but if you google MLN073020 that is the part number for this lock from one company that sells them and they have a good photo. In fact if it should lock from the inside and mine is faulty. I will use this photo to help me strip it down and have a go at fixing it.

Hi

From the pic I would have thought that the inner Knob would twist to lock...Does the inner button press in to allow this?

Doesn't make sense if it won't lock from the inside for your security....

Might well be faulty...Anyone else any ideas or got a unit with a similar lock fitted?

Link Removed

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
Ok this is the same lock as I have in my Lunar....to lock from the inside all I normally do is twist the "winged" bit to the left.

Ii is normally to the right when unlocked.

can you not do this? if not are you sure the door is fully closed...i do find with mine that you have to amke sure and pull the door hard to make sure its closed.

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
That looks like the same lock on my Bessacarr - just twist it to the left to lock but I make sure I slam the door shut first

OP
OP
B

betterthenatent

Free Member
Aug 23, 2010
Funster No
Exp
first year
I figured that turning the knob to the left should have locked the door, but it just wouldn't turn, and I didn't want to force it. So armed with the photo that American dream posted. I striped the lock down to see how it worked. I think it must have been taken to pieces sometime in the past, as one of the screws is different, also I have a key that is the same shape as the door lock but doesn't fit. So maybe the barrel has been replaced. Any way I got the lock working on the bench ant then refitted it and now, touch wood I can lock the door from the inside. Sorry for the delay in replying but I had to sort out my registration. Thanks all for your help.

:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I figured that turning the knob to the left should have locked the door, but it just wouldn't turn, and I didn't want to force it.

We have one of those - it MUST go click+click. Single click and it will not turn.

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
I figured that turning the knob to the left should have locked the door, but it just wouldn't turn, and I didn't want to force it. So armed with the photo that American dream posted. I striped the lock down to see how it worked. I think it must have been taken to pieces sometime in the past, as one of the screws is different, also I have a key that is the same shape as the door lock but doesn't fit. So maybe the barrel has been replaced. Any way I got the lock working on the bench ant then refitted it and now, touch wood I can lock the door from the inside. Sorry for the delay in replying but I had to sort out my registration. Thanks all for your help.

Glad you sorted it.:thumb:

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie

You need to leave the key slot on the outside horizontal 👍🏻🤪
I posted the same issue in 2019 iirc.
Anyway, today I’m looking at how easy it is to fit/replace these barrels and this old post popped up - via Bing 😜😂🤣

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back