OBD2 oil degradation reset methods (1 Viewer)

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
As been mentioned before Euro6 (and 5+ ?) have oil degradation software which have to be reset on oil change.
Question how do i do it? This is a long one
What software and hardware?
1 MultiECUscan windows 10 laptop (other flavours windows http://www.multiecuscan.net) OBD2 connector. I have a OBDlink SX usb adaptor. Does an awful lot.
oilchange.jpg

The hardware and software bundle is available from Distributors Gendan, software only £50 mulecuscan.

2 Alternative is AlfaOBD on windows and android. I have run the Demo version on a Samsung phone with The orig SX adaptor and a micro-usb adaptor.
Currently £31 on the playstore
<Broken link removed>
3 Theres another kid on the block Monitor ECU for Fiat cars By Kapron-AP
ANdroid only Currently £12 on the playstore But Bluetooth only.
There are shedloads of cheap ELM327Bluetooth adaptors that work with Generic OBD but bot specific Fiat codes and PIDs.
OBD-II PIDs (On-board diagnostics Parameter IDs) are codes used to request data from a vehicle,
The recomended BT adaptors can be upwards of £50 or a tenner if you are lucky.
Recently i seen a french video using Mes and a BT adaptor same as recommended by alfaobd and Kapron The Vgate-iCarPro £24 from ebay
Vgate-iCarPro.jpg

So another £12 later
Monitor ECU-mainscreen2.jpg

This is the cheap software connected using the icar pro. My description in yellow
a couple of more screens
Monitor ECU-error codes.jpg

Error screen also has the oil reset option. I have not yet tried this.

Monitor ECU-Selected PID values.jpg

4 can i use the Blutooth device with Multecuscan and AlfaOBD
YES
AlfaOBD1.jpg

Using MES we have to got to settings and the interface screen and then (red oval scan for interfaces, my 2 are not in the dropdown menu)
bluetooth4.jpg

bluetooth2.jpg

You still here.
well done. What works? All the options i have shown.
All 3 work with the Bluetooth device (today at least)

The Monitor ECU for Fiat cars By Kapron-AP only talks to the engine ECU but lots of fiat PIDs (4 pages) this is quite limited (but does the important oil reset)
Both Multecuscan and AlfaOBD are full function diagnostic tools for all ecu ( i have not checked all with the BT device)
Hope this helps anyone who is wondering if theres a more frugal way to do your oil reset.
Having seen what Multecuscan and AlfaOBD can do i would suggest Multecuscan and AlfaOBD Demo and Blue tooth device. Using AlfaOBD and phone on the road, if required whist out and about down load it then or spend an extra 30 quid now.

OP
OP
the1andonly
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Comprehensive replies to above are here

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/dignostic-scanner.199755/#post-3390875

The euro6 models from 2017 (and some earlier) need the ECU resetting. The you tube methods only put the lights outs

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
the1andonly
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Just changed my oil so time to check the kapron ap .
NO it doesnt reset the oil counter. Just sits there thinking.
Contacted the developer,(quick response) money refunded, promised to sort fo next release.
So i cant reccomend it right now.
Spent my £31 on alfaobd.
It works (as expected) so i dont have to lug the laptop and cables in van all the time.
Used Mes to check stAte of oil count in all cases.

Ps i left the sx cable in tool box and spent hours searching for it as i expected to find it in my box of diagnostic cables.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back