Apr 20, 2017
Norfolk/Europe
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
10 years
Hi,
Has anyone purchased from this dealer, if so any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks, and a happy and healthy new year to all.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
On past experience you'll be treated as a 'tyre kicker' until you agree to buy and sign something subject to a test drive and only THEN they might let you actually HAVE a test drive!

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I viewed one there back in September they seem to have some connection to rs motorhomes in doncaster as I enquired about what I initially thought was 2 different vans 1 in oak tree 1 in rs motorhomes but salesman told me it was the same van and they were sister companies......it had been for sale in both places and I coukd choose which one to view it at.

Van was a dog .....was filthy inside and out and lots of broken bits.
Not what I expected for £33k

Walked away

Aug 19, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
Had an a class of them in 2014, had a few problems with van
they just told me to get it sorted & send them the bill. Which i did & they payed straight away.

Fuel leak was one problem, starter battery was another .

Also they do the rac warranty for three years, excellent warranty it forked out £1500.00 for a new turbo from merc, turbo bearings seized lack of use.

Karl

donnkim

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Bury
Funster No
MH
Low Line Coachbuilt
Exp
a newbie
I haven't purchased from them but have often looked around their vans which are all open.
I like the fact that they leave you alone until you find something you might be interested in.
When I spoke with the sales they where very informative and helpful.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Four years ago we were in the market for a 'van. (We bought our present Hobby two days later). We made enquiries on a van that was described by Oaktree as in 'very Good Condition' We travelled over three hundred miles to see a 'van that was, and I use this description without exaggeration, 'Minging'
The drivers seat looked like it had been used by a Coalman on his rounds The Dinette had milk stains or similar. The whole of the 'van was filthy. The rear bumper had a hole in it.Overall we were very disappointed. Why can't dealers prepare vehicles BEFORE they are offered for sale. Why should we have to see through the filth before shelling out.

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
We bought our first Motorhome from them in 2014.

We saw on the web that they had a Bessacar that caught our eye. I phoned up and made an appointment to view and test drive. We drove up to Nottingham from Oxford and spent 3 hours there. We loved the van - it was in good condition but we spotted about 4 minor issues. I paid a deposit and asked them to fit a fire extinguisher and single electric tow bar. They said it would be ready in 10 days, so we agreed that we would get the train from Oxford to the local station and they picked us up.

Had a really good handover but the tow bar they ordered hadn’t arrived but they said get it fitted locally and they would pay for it.

They van was immaculate when we picked it up.

I got the tow bar fitted locally and they paid the bill directly to the fitting company.

We had a really good experience.

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
We bought our current motorhome off Oaktree and found them very helpfull.The motorhome was as advertised and we bought it.They gave us a test drive and a good price on our old motorhome.
There were alot of motorhomes on display and we looked round quite a few while we were there and they were presented very well,so in my experience are worth a look around there stock.

Jul 10, 2016
hucknall
Funster No
MH
Swift bolero 712sb
Exp
10 years
While they were af the old place.Paid a deposit subject to van fitting in our drive .nearest bloke got was in the street outside. Wanted to drive it myself but was told only their staff were allowed to . Then refused refund of deposit . Woman from trading standards said he was the most arogant chap she'd spoke to ever.we gave up on getting the cash back would only give discount on another van.

They might be different now

Nov 21, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Bought our Dethleff from them in November. Liked the variety & prices on the website & appreciated the open motor home thing when we got there. Found them helpful & organised, booked us o/night hotel & loaned a car.

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
I viewed one there back in September they seem to have some connection to rs motorhomes in doncaster as I enquired about what I initially thought was 2 different vans 1 in oak tree 1 in rs motorhomes but salesman told me it was the same van and they were sister companies......it had been for sale in both places and I coukd choose which one to view it at.

Van was a dog .....was filthy inside and out and lots of broken bits.
Not what I expected for £33k

Walked away
Once you hear the name RS always stay WELL clear. They're bust more times than party balloons.

Nov 21, 2011
Rugeley
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savanah
Exp
Since 2009
Brought our latest van from them last year, it was immaculatewhen we picked it up, it did have a couple of issues which we discovered over the next few weeks which they fixed without quibble even coming to pick the van up and dropping it off again with a full tank of fuel. Overall a very good experience.

OP
OP
captainscarlett

captainscarlett

Free Member
Apr 20, 2017
Norfolk/Europe
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
10 years
Thanks everyone for the feedback, appears more positive than negative at this time.

Spanda

Free Member
Jun 13, 2016
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 590 RS
Exp
Hi,
Has anyone purchased from this dealer, if so any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks, and a happy and healthy new year to all.

We bought our 8 year old 'van from them about 18 months ago. We live 120 miles from Nottingham, but it was well worth the trip. 2 months into owning the van the 3-way fridge went terminally kaput, so I rang them hoping they might do something. What did they do ? Asked us to drop the van off, which we did. Gave us a loan car to get home. Couldn't get the spare parts for the fridge so, without any prompting from us, they fitted a brand new 3 way fridge. From our experience, we couldn't fault them. We were left to our own devices to wander round when we went looking, but were immediately offered a test drive when we went to the office to ask a few questions about what is now our van.

We wouldn't expect an 8 year old 'van to be perfect, but it was well prepped before we got it, fully serviced, put over a weighbridge for us (at no cost to us) and they even fitted our own TV at no cost. The fridge was just one of those things. The fault wasn't one which could have been spotted on service but they still sorted it without any argument. If we buy again we will definitely go there again.

And no, we have no connection with them lol

OP
OP
captainscarlett

captainscarlett

Free Member
Apr 20, 2017
Norfolk/Europe
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
10 years
Ok, have just put a deposit on a Hobby 725, purchased from Oaktree. Needs a few things sorted so i shall find out first hand what their service is like. The buying process so far was faultless, no pressure, plenty of refreshments and all staff very helpful. Will update as things progress.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I drop in for a nosey quite often as they are my nearest dealer, both when they were at the old site and where they are now. I would say that over the years they have improved vastly.

My BIL bought his 1st van from them a couple of years ago and a friend of a friend has in the last few months. They both had positive experiences.

I like the fact the vans are all open and they don't hassle you. Also that they aren't main dealers for anyone so they have lots of different stock in. Yes, some vans need tidying but ive seen that at other dealers too. I believe they took Edgehills stock over when they finished and I'm sure someone mentioned that Lee is now involved with the company.

If this is true then that can only be even better news as Edgehill were a great company (just wish I could remember who mentioned it though).

Good luck with your purchase @captainscarlett & Looking forward to your updates.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back