LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Any reviews on this dealer? It's a bit of a trek for us to go and see, without getting some feedback first. :)

ETS - It's Oak Tree, not Oaktree ;)

Plumberman

Free Member
Sep 29, 2013
West Midlands.
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm Learning
Hi Rosierose, a friend of mine purchased a second hand Motor Home from Oak Tree in Nottingham , had a few minor problems with it which were sorted out while he waited no problem.
This is the only dealing with this company I know of.
Hope this helps.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hi, I've spent quite a bit of time down there looking as it's our closest dealer.

We haven't bought from them but probably would've done if they had had 'the one' in.

I would advise you to ring as they seem to turn an awful lot of stock over. They are always good for a wide range of makes and models even though it's a small site.

The mh's aren't always looking their best, could do with bits fixing and proper cleaning - they assured us that everything is put straight prior to collection.

They leave you to look, you're not hassled at all.

There's ikea and a few other out of town stores just over the other side of the roundabout if all else fails(y)

If you do a search they have been mentioned several times on here - all favourably as far as I can remember.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Son in law had his from them, few probs ,put right straight away and other faults put right that he didn't even know he'd got, got a good part exchange on his rv as well

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

patmyhead

Free Member
Apr 6, 2012
uk
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 2004
bought our Rapido from them last september picked up the van drove away only for the van to conk out a couple of miles down the road in peak time traffic at that. nice though of other motorists to beep their horns & wave to us to show their support !!!!!!!!!
called oakwell who came out to us ended up staying the night at their yard so they could have a look next day to see why the van conked out. Any way they said they needed to order parts so needed to keep the van with them
so we ended up taking our old van back home with us ,oakwell said that they would deliver the van when fixed ,this was nice of them especially as they had to catch the ferry to get to us
on a different note found rust under the van that was just painted over to hide it, not good

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Just been looking at there stock and wondering if it's worth a trip down there?

Daveg

Free Member
Sep 2, 2012
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
November 2012
If you have a trade in he will quote the book price, which will be lower than you want. Tends to have a good selection of decent looking vans though.

Dave

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We bought our Frankia from Oak Tree Nottingham, looked after us very well, sorted all on our list with no haggling, .. Never had to return, happy bunny indeed !

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
We part exchanged our previous van at Oaktree when we bought the Dakota last year. It was a long way down from where we are in Scotland, but we were impressed with how they dealt with our constant enquiries to them on the phone. We dealt with Neil (sales) and Robb the owner, there were a few snagging points that we wanted fixed and they were fixed to our satisfaction.

They gave us an excellent trade-in price for our Elddis which was 2 years old, this we know, because I had phoned round several other dealers and were shocked at what they were quoting. Oaktree replaced the leisure and vehicle batteries as well. They did everything they said they would do, this included replacing the radio with a brand new Pioneer radio/cd/usb.

We were on our way back north when the fuel filter started leaking, we called Oaktree from Lower Wensleydale and they sent their own mechanic all the way up there to sort us out......which they did(y) That must have been around a 200 mile round trip for them.
To whoever said that they found their vans dirty, they only dirty vans we saw, were ones that had just come in to them to be sold.......I was surprised that owners could leave their vans in such a state. But all the vans that had just come in had notices in their windscreens to the effect that they were "still to be valeted".

We would definitely buy from them again.

Bill

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Just been looking at there stock and wondering if it's worth a trip down there?

We thought carefully about it before making the trip down, but it was worth it as far as we were concerned. They will hold a van for you, if you leave a small deposit. However, when we went down the owner said to us, given the distance we had come down, they would return the deposit if there was nothing else that we were interested in. We had a 540 mile trip down to them.

They always have a good selection of vans in stock as well, which they turn over very quickly. We still keep in touch with Neil (Sales).

Last edited:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
I've just remembered, there is a small site not far from Oaktree that they recommend anyone coming to view vans from a distance, to stay overnight at. (Trinity Farm).
Trinity Farm, Awsworth, they now have EHU, which they didn't have last year. The details of the site are all on Oaktree's website(y)

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Sounds like we need to give them a try :)

DJSteward

Free Member
Feb 5, 2014
Kent
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Another positive vote from us. We purchased out tag axle Autotrail Cheyenne from them.

Travelled up by train, they picked up and returned me to the station.

Fixed everything I asked for and even kept patience when I changed my mind on a couple of options. just before delivery.

They paid for an issue with the TV to be fixed.

Would check them first when I trade in.

Regards

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
We thought carefully about it before making the trip down, but it was worth it as far as we were concerned. They will hold a van for you, if you leave a small deposit. However, when we went down the owner said to us, given the distance we had come down, they would return the deposit if there was nothing else that we were interested in. We had a 540 mile trip down to them.

They always have a good selection of vans in stock as well, which they turn over very quickly. We still keep in touch with Neil (Sales).

Ooops! Just realised I'd said we had a 540 mile trip down.......it should have read "540 round trip":doh:
That's what happens when you post at "silly o'clock":laughing:

Last edited:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Sounds like we need to give them a try :)

See what you like the look of on their website.......then phone up and ask for Neil. Say we recommended them, he will remember us as we were out and in looking for a few days during the really hot spell last August.
Another two lovely funsters on here were kind enough to view the vans with us as well:notworthy2:

I'm sure if you mention Bill and Margaret from Scotland, Neil will remember us ::bigsmile:

Margaret(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back