oakmont (1 Viewer)

May 10, 2012
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one.
Exp
Since 2006(1986 VW T25)
Has anyone looked at the Autocruise Oakmont or got any thoughts.Just found it on the internet and rather like it, ticks all the boxes for me and the wife to start our fulltiming in.Iknow some of you will mention about double floor but Swift Group do a winter pack which they will lag all the pipework,and as the floor is 45mm thick i think it should be ok. Not going to any ski resorts,some of the winter will be in Spain or Portugal. Also this m/h is not a tag axle so will leave scope to move up if we find this a bit cramped. :thumb:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Hi Goldenoldies, we looked at the Oakmont, although not for fulltiming, back in 2010 and it is a great van.
However we, or should I say she, finally decided on the Augusta for the single bed layout but is very similar to the Oakmont in construction and we have not regretted the purchase.
Brian

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Missed your point about the tag axle. Tag axle vans are not necessarily any bigger though often (not always) can carry more stuff from a point of view of weight.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Goldenoldies
May 10, 2012
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one.
Exp
Since 2006(1986 VW T25)
The diffference with the tag axle that we have been looking at is about 4ft longer. Thanks for the reply Really but it looks like er indoors now likes the Delaware again.back to the drawing board! :cry:

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Has anyone looked at the Autocruise Oakmont or got any thoughts.Just found it on the internet and rather like it, ticks all the boxes for me and the wife to start our fulltiming in.Iknow some of you will mention about double floor but Swift Group do a winter pack which they will lag all the pipework,and as the floor is 45mm thick i think it should be ok. Not going to any ski resorts,some of the winter will be in Spain or Portugal. Also this m/h is not a tag axle so will leave scope to move up if we find this a bit cramped. :thumb:

Why take the expensive risk of buying one to find its too cramped having to take a loss and pay again to get the larger one ?

would it not be better to hire /try a couple and go for the biggest you can afford ?

i had a limit on length up to 27foot
had lots of euroboxes that could fit the bill none had the level of equipment or standard of fittings i found in an RV i did not buy new
mine is 1998 years
was less than £20 K leaving many thousands of pounds for getting things put right and maintained to my standard
three years on it is still worth more than i paid for it

hope you make the right choices and do not waste money in finding things out the hard and expensive way as many do

hope you enjoy your MH as much as i do mine :thumb:
yours Ian

OP
OP
Goldenoldies
May 10, 2012
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one.
Exp
Since 2006(1986 VW T25)
Thanks Ian, we did consider a R/V but would be to big for some places we want to go (also wife nervous of me driving a left hook).At the moment we have a small M/H very happy with it but a pain making up bed every night.Now we are going fulltime so fixed bed a must,I should think the Delaware will do us for the next 3/4 years then a rethink.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

denpar

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki
Exp
4 years
We have a 2011 Oakmont and love it, a few minor niggles which have been sorted out but nothing more than any other new van. We spent a week out in Belgium in Feb -17 at times with no problems at all, despite friends mhomes freezing solid. we have spent 4 weeks over the summer travelling through france and spain and find it to be a really comfortable van for the two of us and Alfie the dog. we are seriously considering full timing although not for a couple of years yet and would not hesitate in this motorhome.::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back