NZ to UK & Europe 2022 (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2021
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I'm a newbie but previous caravan owner
Hello everyone (anyone). We're off on an adventure in 2022 which has been years in the making. No thanks to COVID, the idea was incubated for the past 2 years but we've decided now's the time. Coming ready or not to Europe and the UK in 2022. The most important thing we're struggling with is arranging insurance cover for our new motorhome, to be collected from UK in Feb 2022. Seems hard to organize insurance for non UK residents. Any suggestions or recommendations appreciated. Thanks so much.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Hello everyone (anyone). We're off on an adventure in 2022 which has been years in the making. No thanks to COVID, the idea was incubated for the past 2 years but we've decided now's the time. Coming ready or not to Europe and the UK in 2022. The most important thing we're struggling with is arranging insurance cover for our new motorhome, to be collected from UK in Feb 2022. Seems hard to organize insurance for non UK residents. Any suggestions or recommendations appreciated. Thanks so much.
At least our lot are allowing you in :giggle: No sign of when NZ and Oz will allow us to visit.

This might be a good place to start

OP
OP
EmersonNZ
Oct 12, 2021
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
At least our lot are allowing you in :giggle: No sign of when NZ and Oz will allow us to visit.

This might be a good place to start

haha welcome to Fortress NZ....or not welcome is the case at the moment. Thanks for the link which I'll check out.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Hi and :welcome4:

Presume from your post that you've ordered/bought your new van already. Just a note of caution, delivery dates appear to be slipping badly due to poor supply issues - hope this doesn't affect you and you're not left hanging around.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

EML

Sep 18, 2018
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
15 years
Any suggestions or recommendations appreciated.
Ok... you're officially bonkers. Why anyone would want to come here from Waikawa is way, way, beyond me. Unless you're intending to buy RHD here and drive all the way back?

Apr 20, 2012
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro 83
Exp
since Feb 2012
Welcome. I lived in the land of the long white cloud for two years a century ago. Absolutely loved it. My kids all burst into tears when we told them it was time to return home 😭 😭😢.
Hawkes Bay was fabulous and Watties make the best soups and ketchup bar none.

OP
OP
EmersonNZ
Oct 12, 2021
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Hi and :welcome4:

Presume from your post that you've ordered/bought your new van already. Just a note of caution, delivery dates appear to be slipping badly due to poor supply issues - hope this doesn't affect you and you're not left hanging around.
Yes we have ordered and due to arrive February but we'll see. Have a son in France so worst case scenario is to head there and wait if it is late. Thanks for the heads up...we're feeling the effects of a constrained supply very badly down here in NZ.

OP
OP
EmersonNZ
Oct 12, 2021
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Ok... you're officially bonkers. Why anyone would want to come here from Waikawa is way, way, beyond me. Unless you're intending to buy RHD here and drive all the way back?
Hi EML...yep we might well be bonkers but you know what?.......We're over being told what we can and can't do so making a bold call to think positively and make our own plans. To hell with being constrained by Covid. We're fully vaccinated and so too are a lot of others.

OP
OP
EmersonNZ
Oct 12, 2021
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Welcome. I lived in the land of the long white cloud for two years a century ago. Absolutely loved it. My kids all burst into tears when we told them it was time to return home 😭 😭😢.
Hawkes Bay was fabulous and Watties make the best soups and ketchup bar none.
Hello Bucket. We're from Hawke's Bay so no argument from us, beautiful place. And Watties...isn't what it used to be now that it is owned by offshore interests but still a big local employer and they still make good stuff. Cheers

Apr 20, 2012
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro 83
Exp
since Feb 2012
I'm biased as I was Watties Marketing Director for a couple of years. Glorious times as we fought off the aussie invasion and then took the fight back to them, so successful that Heinz then bought the company. That's when I left.
We realised our products were so much better than the tack they sold and the Australians loved the quality.
We produced some great advertising; remember 'Ghetti' and the 'Doug Field' veggie commercials?

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
Hello Bucket. We're from Hawke's Bay so no argument from us, beautiful place. And Watties...isn't what it used to be now that it is owned by offshore interests but still a big local employer and they still make good stuff. Cheers
How did you trip go in the end ?

Can I ask who you sorted Insurance out with as I am sourcing a van for some Kiwi's over from Hawkes Bay and need to look at Insurance for the,.

OP
OP
EmersonNZ
Oct 12, 2021
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
good morning. We returned to NZ in Oct 2022. We had an amazing adventure. We organized insurance via Milestone Insurance. They seem to be the only provider for non UK residents. It’s very hard to get insurance for non UK residents and it was very very expensive. My subscription to this site ends on a few weeks so if you any any further info email me direct bruce@emerson.cc

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Why not add some sort of 'how to do the UK' on this (and even NZ based) forums ?? It might help future travellers?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back