Number plate reversing camera (1 Viewer)

Lindsay

Free Member
Jun 29, 2014
Ayton, Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Burstner Delfin T625
Exp
had a home conversion when kids were young(30 years ago).
Hello,

I'm looking to buy a reversing camera kit which will mount just above the number plate. May I have your recommendations please?

Thx Lindsay

Jul 23, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
knaus van ti 600mg
Exp
Getting There since 2013
I've been thinking the same thing thought it would be a tidy option and I have parking sensors so just something for a glancing look ;)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Our Burstner had a reversing camera (which worked only when the vehicle was in reverse gear) already fitted when we bought it. It was a wireless model with the camera just above the number plate and the monitor strapped to the sun visor and powered from a plug inserted in the console power socket. The camera was OK but, though quite expensive, was not one we would have chosen for ourselves. The picture did tend to break up a bit on bumpy surfaces, probably due to vibration of the wireless transmitter.

After 18 months of owning the Burstner we decided to change the camera and went to Dave Newell for a Camos Tilt Camera with the monitor mounted on the right hand side of the dash so that it is alongside the door mirror. The view is superb and gives a much clearer indication of how close following vehicles are. The camera automatically tilts to show where the rear of the van is when reversing. Not cheap but we think it was well worth it - and far better than the other one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
i fitted one of theses SR20 wired back to my sat nav used in conjunction with reversing sensors, only comes on when reverse is selected. depends where you buy price range is £20 - £50.
rev cam.jpg

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
just remember the lower you fit it the more dirt it picks up.

Reactions: f6c
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Ours is mounted where fitted by previous owners, on the sub frame under the rear bumper, gives a good rear view, but becomes virtually useless when vehicles are using lights due to glare

We have no problem with dirt despite being even lower than you propose, possibly helped by being actually under the MH slightly, rather than on the back face which does get dirty when the roads are wet

musson

Free Member
Dec 25, 2013
grantham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since Jan 2014
Hi
I purchased one and it worked great when i sold the car i took it of and refitted to the new one
Mine was made by Meta around £40 on ebay
hope this helps
Paul

Tessntim

Free Member
Jun 22, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato
Exp
Yes I'm also wanting a camera at the back for reversing and watching traffic as no bk window and left hand drive. Any info which one to get

OP
OP
Lindsay

Lindsay

Free Member
Jun 29, 2014
Ayton, Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Burstner Delfin T625
Exp
had a home conversion when kids were young(30 years ago).
Just an update on my original post. After quite a bit of research I eventually bought 1 x 7" TFT LCD monitor £18.87, 1 x 12v 170 Mini Color CCD Camera £8.80, 1 x 10m AV to AV RCA to RCA Video extension cable. All from ebay. Finished fitting the kit today. I'm very pleased with the results.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
you would likely have been disappointed by a wireless one as they tend to be unreliable

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back