Nuisance calls (1 Viewer)

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
has anyone any info about a company called ' after care ' they having been calling me about an accident I had last year

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
I get loads of this type of call, I just put the number on the "reject" list on the phone, seems to stop them.
Cheers, Dave(y)

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Ambulance chasers......nothing more.
Answer the phone then say....You tell me, you seem to know more about it than me.

By the time you say that they'll have hung up.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
not had one of those calls in a while, think I am on a blacklist. I ask them which incident as the latest one wasnt an accident I did it on purpose

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Just ask them to hang on for a minute while you get your diary out. then go and have a cup of tea or a stroll in the garden. They will soon get the message.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I usually say I am delighted they called as I was just praising the Lord and ask if they might spare a while to join me while I tell them all about the good news. They can't get off the phone quick enough.

I did have one Indian sounding man call and ask to speak to the master of the house. I said there was no master only a madam as the premises were a brother. Buzzzzzzzzzzzzz

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
As everybody says this is at best a nuisance call. If in doubt about any calls or e mail just ignore. I've found that anything genuine will usually find its way into the post or similar less dubious form.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Ive started answering the call and letting them listen to Radio 2 now :D

If its after 12 it will be Radio Magic as I cant abide J Vine and wouldn't wish him on even a cold caller :)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Just keep blocking any number like this.. . The most annoying part is working out how they got your number in the first place ... grrrrr

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
We got so fed up with nuisane calls we bought phones that block them. Never had one since.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Get a call guardian phone, they're fantastic!

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
Ive started answering the call and letting them listen to Radio 2 now :D

If its after 12 it will be Radio Magic as I cant abide J Vine and wouldn't wish him on even a cold caller :)
With you re J Vine, can't abide the man, makes my blood boil with his false sincerity, can't turn the radio off fast enough.

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
I love nuisance calls. It's a great opportunity to hone your conversational skills. " oh ,yes,thanks for calling. Sorry,what's your name,which company are you from? Can you give me the address of your registered office please? Could you email your terms of business to my lawyer please. Have you had a holiday this year? Are you married,how's the wife/husband......
Well,you get the picture,after a couple of minutes they are so bored they pxxs off.:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::notworthy::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Apart from that,I haven't got many friends so it's the only way I can get people to talk to me.:cry:

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Just keep blocking any number like this.. . The most annoying part is working out how they got your number in the first place ... grrrrr
My phone number was issued to us by Virgin Media. We make no external calls what-so-ever. (we only took the phone and TV element of the package as it made our broadband (100GB) cheaper than just having the broadband on it's own. Anyway, we started to get nuisance calls and the other party told me he had all my details from the phone number which had been in use for a long time. I contacted VM and it came to light they recycle telephone numbers and are unable or unwilling to issue a never used before number. Will just disconnect the phone all together now.

Jan 16, 2017
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt low profile
Exp
Since 2016
Had an interesting conversation with one of these people who told me my insurance company sell these details to them! They get name, phone number and home address. They don't know what the accident was, but say there is £2500 waiting for me! Once I told him I was hit while parked in a Lidl carpark whilst shopping he gave up and said he would remove my details from his system. I don't believe him but live in hope. Unfortunately, he also said they sell them to loads of companies.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
BT have just introduced a new free service, Call Protect. The blurb says it has lists of reported "nuisance" numbers and will automatically block them - actually they send them to a spam box and you can check if you want. You can also block International, number withheld or number unavailable calls. You need to have caller display activated, for a small monthly charge.

We actually bought the BT6500 answerphone a couple of years ago which you can set to do a similar thing, the difference being you can also put different ringtones on for numbers you want to answer. It also displays failed attempts by blocked calls but doesn't actually ring. We've found it works very well although it won't let one of our Fun friends call for some reason. Now get very few unwanted calls and if we don't know the number we don't answer it - if it's important they can leave a message (which they never do).

We've signed up to the new service so be interesting to see how the combination works!

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I like the ones when they ask for Irene...

I start to sob and tell them she has left me for another bloke..
IF I can get far enough with it I tell em he was a telesales caller.. (y):rofl::rofl:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I have had FIVE such calls today ..... ridiculous.

The only place I can think of .. I entered a competition last week. Grrrr

Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
Three years and counting, 30 years a tent tower.
Get one of these, its the dog's bits... stops the lot, you can program and adjust call blocking, call receipt and record, whitelist, etc etc via a web interface, and can give out a special code for favoured users to get through even if they have to call from a blocked category phone like 'International' or 'Withheld'
https://www.truecall.co.uk/

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Barrie is blessed with a very fertile imagination.

His last caller from one of these companies heard the full story of the 'accident' he had whilst driving a hearse and the body climbed out of the coffin causing him to hit a lamp-post.

He immediately got passed to a supervisor who asked him what injuries he'd received as a result.

They eventually ended the call when he told them he'd been decapitated. :) :)

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
I like the ones where they say, "How are you today?"
There are two replies:
1. How long have you been my xxxxing Doctor?
or
2. Well,thanks for asking,I've got
Tinnitus
Halitosis
High blood pressure
Hiatus hernia
Acid reflux
Gallstones
Need a new knee
Old ankle injury
and I think I've got a cold coming....

Hello,hello.....are you still there?