LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
You could go in the park and ride high vehicle section and the bus stops at NRM.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Motorhome Parking is allowed at both NRM sites (York and Shildon). See entry Here.
However, I agree with the comments above, it is far easier to park at Rawcliffe P&R and get the bus in. We do that even when we go in the car.

OP
OP
Geoffers

Geoffers

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Groby Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Recieved an e-mail from NRM York,
Dear Mr Startin

Thank you for your email to the National Railway Museum. I am delighted to hear you are planning a visit.

I am pleased to confirm that our car park can accommodate larger vehicles such as coaches and motor homes, however parking space for this type of vehicle is limited. The car park is open during the museum opening time, currently Broken Link Removed, and we are unable to allow overnight parking. There are no height barriers at the car park entrance, but please note that the museum is reached by driving underneath a railway bridge, height 3.7m (12'0").

The parking charge for larger vehicles which do not fit into a normal car parking space is £10 if booked in advance, or £15 on the day. If you would like to book in advance please email back with a date you wish to visit and I will be happy to make the arrangements. The parking charge can be paid at the admission desk on arrival at the Museum

A map of the museum, showing the location of the car park, can be found on our website by following the link http://www.nrm.org.uk/PlanaVisit/VisitYork/museum-map.aspx

I hope that you have a very enjoyable visit to the National Railway Museum and if you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kindest Regards

Dawn Whitehead

Customer Enquiries Assistant

Visitor Experience

National Railway Museum

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

t Broken Link Removed

dawn.whitehead@nrm.org.uk

nrm.org.uk

follow us on twitter @railwaymuseum

A member of the Science Museum Group

The Science Museum Group consists of:

Science Museum, London

Museum of Science & Industry, Manchester

National Railway Museum, York and Shildon

National Media Museum, Bradford

This e-mail and attachments are intended for the named addressee only and are confidential. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender immediately, delete the message from your computer system and destroy any copies. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may not reflect the views of the Science Museum Group.

This email has been scanned for email related threats and delivered safely by Mimecast.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Recieved an e-mail from NRM York,
Dear Mr Startin

Thank you for your email to the National Railway Museum. I am delighted to hear you are planning a visit.

I am pleased to confirm that our car park can accommodate larger vehicles such as coaches and motor homes, however parking space for this type of vehicle is limited. The car park is open during the museum opening time, currently Broken Link Removed, and we are unable to allow overnight parking. There are no height barriers at the car park entrance, but please note that the museum is reached by driving underneath a railway bridge, height 3.7m (12'0").

The parking charge for larger vehicles which do not fit into a normal car parking space is £10 if booked in advance, or £15 on the day. If you would like to book in advance please email back with a date you wish to visit and I will be happy to make the arrangements. The parking charge can be paid at the admission desk on arrival at the Museum

A map of the museum, showing the location of the car park, can be found on our website by following the link http://www.nrm.org.uk/PlanaVisit/VisitYork/museum-map.aspx

I hope that you have a very enjoyable visit to the National Railway Museum and if you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kindest Regards

Dawn Whitehead

Customer Enquiries Assistant

Visitor Experience

National Railway Museum

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

t Broken Link Removed

dawn.whitehead@nrm.org.uk

nrm.org.uk

follow us on twitter @railwaymuseum

A member of the Science Museum Group

The Science Museum Group consists of:

Science Museum, London

Museum of Science & Industry, Manchester

National Railway Museum, York and Shildon

National Media Museum, Bradford

This e-mail and attachments are intended for the named addressee only and are confidential. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender immediately, delete the message from your computer system and destroy any copies. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may not reflect the views of the Science Museum Group.

This email has been scanned for email related threats and delivered safely by Mimecast.

What a very useful and helpful reply, wish more places were like that.

May 29, 2015
Worthing,West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Fairford PVC
Exp
Since 2002
How to win friends and influence people! They deserve all the visitors they get.
Well done Dawn Whitehead

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
OK, All done. I used the car park (opposite the NRM) last July, it was £9 for a Car:(. York Brewery is not far away either!,:D2 I Let Granddaughter drive!:D Grandson and I "Sampled".

Nov 19, 2013
york
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
You could just park by the racecourse for free and walk (about 15 to 20 minutes). I live around the corner and you get quite a few vans overnighting

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
What a very useful and helpful reply, wish more places were like that.
Most organisations (private and public) are helpful. Often the problem with parking is that there is lack of space or other suitability factors, rather than willingness.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back