LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Both Alan and I purchased chinese sat navs from the same seller but on close inspection the name and software is slightly different. Main point of difference for me is there "Appears" to be no option to alter the preference of something like Disable no u turns. So for example you are at the coast and go past your point the sat nav does not come up with turn around when possible, rerouting you as much as 12 miles.

Is there something in the data files I can change? Its starting to P me off.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Swap his for yours when he's not looking :D.
In all seriousness, it should be possible to clone his files so your runs exactly the same software.
I hope one of the more techy experts will be able to walk you through it.

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Swap his for yours when he's not looking :D.
In all seriousness, it should be possible to clone his files so your runs exactly the same software.
I hope one of the more techy experts will be able to walk you through it.
Thanks, so do I.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Given that the name and software are slightly different between the two units then, even assuming the underlying software version is the same, it would appear that the menu options have been set up differently. Unless there is a facility to change the menu options then it can probably only be done by the manufacturer, which is probably the Chinese factory knocking the units out rather than any of the resellers (who tend to know less than nothing, technically, about the products they sell).

All you can do in such a situation is that, when you miss your turn, look out a road wide enough for for a practical U turn or a 3 point turn and let the sat nav catch up once you have turned.

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I saw them on sake at car boot sale today for only 15...which is a real bargain but unfortunately it's the same one...nozatech. that I already have..Had it been the other one I would have snapped it up.

Would it be possible to copy complete software from the other model over?

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
I saw them on sake at car boot sale today for only 15...which is a real bargain but unfortunately it's the same one...nozatech. that I already have..Had it been the other one I would have snapped it up.

Would it be possible to copy complete software from the other model over?
Yes.

Copy the internal drivw from the one you like onto an SD card. Pop that in the other one and in the main menu (when you exit navigation) click on something like satnav path. Set the file path to the igo exe on the SD card and try it out. If you like it and it works, you can tidy up all the old files later.

I have bought a 5 inch version for the car and am thinking of doing similar because there are some options on the trucknav that the satnav doesn't have which I like.

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Any idea on the size of card I will need please.

Kayhardy

Free Member
Sep 19, 2016
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Auto trail
Exp
4 years
New to this site, so probably in the wrong place, I purchased one of these sat navs, and was totally blown away by it, better than any I have had before, we was in the wilds of Yorkshire and it stopped working, it kept coming up new sat navigation path required, so that was the end I tried resetting it, and of course there is nowhere where you can get help, can anyone help me

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
New to this site, so probably in the wrong place, I purchased one of these sat navs, and was totally blown away by it, better than any I have had before, we was in the wilds of Yorkshire and it stopped working, it kept coming up new sat navigation path required, so that was the end I tried resetting it, and of course there is nowhere where you can get help, can anyone help me
I had one and it did work quite well but I wasn't happy with the poor map updating system so gave it away .. it's now somebody else's problem!

PS :HelloThere:&:pink: to Fun

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
@Kayhandy. They are rather a hit or miss. Our local car boot now sells them at only £15. Have you tried a hard reset by holding a pin in the back hole for a few seconds.? Its done the trick for me before but apart from the no u turns mine is working well.

Welcome to fun. :)

Kayhardy

Free Member
Sep 19, 2016
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Auto trail
Exp
4 years
Thank you yes I tried that. I've got to be honest I purchased it from amazon and I have sent it back with a full refund. I was thinking of getting another, because it was so good, buthe looking at what people have said, I'm not sure now

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I seem to recall having that problem with mine at the beginning - it was if the tablet had forgotten where the satnav software was stored.
It was simple to click through the file system to find the Igo.exe file and from then on it's been no problem

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
@lunarman @JockandRita rather than hijack someones thread I thought I would post my sys text file here. I don't seem to have the turn on it. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• SYS copy.txt
    8.4 KB · Views: 16

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
@irnbru The default may be not to offer U turn, therefore try putting the statement allow_uturn=1 into the route section of the sys.txt file which should turn it on.

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
@irnbru The default may be not to offer U turn, therefore try putting the statement allow_uturn=1 into the route section of the sys.txt file which should turn it on.
Thanks was just about to message again. I seem to have got myself in a muddle with this. The version I showed above is from my sd card and in fact a different version to whats inbuilt, which has the words you quoted, much less writing though so now I don't know which one is the latest version between the two.

This is all thats on the inbuilt sys txt file and I have now just changed the 0 to 1 but which version should I be using.:unsure:
Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 13.18.00.png

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Just tried to add the allow_uturn=1 to the sim card version but it says its locked and won't let me add it. I tried to duplicate the file and add it to that but it won't let me save the thing where it should be and of course I can't delete the original cos its locked...So best I can hope for is the inbuilt version is the latest.

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
@irnbru what navi path are you using? If you are using the SD card as the path to the Primo exe then the sys.txt on the card will be the one that is loaded when the satnav starts. If the path is to the internal drive then the sys.txt last shown will be used.
You ask which one you should be using, the answer will depend on the navi path and which primo exe is being started they will both be correct for differnt systems.

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Just tried to add the allow_uturn=1 to the sim card version but it says its locked and won't let me add it. I tried to duplicate the file and add it to that but it won't let me save the thing where it should be and of course I can't delete the original cos its locked...So best I can hope for is the inbuilt version is the latest.

Have you "locked" the micro sd card in a SD card holder when you put it in your PC? Look at the position of the slider on the holder.

Deleted User
Given that the name and software are slightly different between the two units then, even assuming the underlying software version is the same, it would appear that the menu options have been set up differently. Unless there is a facility to change the menu options then it can probably only be done by the manufacturer, which is probably the Chinese factory knocking the units out rather than any of the resellers (who tend to know less than nothing, technically, about the products they sell).

All you can do in such a situation is that, when you miss your turn, look out a road wide enough for for a practical U turn or a 3 point turn and let the sat nav catch up once you have turned.
That's what I do with mine. I assumed because I have it set to bus and easy that it doesn't plan u turns. Regardless, best sat nav I have ever had at any price so worth sticking with

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
@irnbru what navi path are you using? If you are using the SD card as the path to the Primo exe then the sys.txt on the card will be the one that is loaded when the satnav starts. If the path is to the internal drive then the sys.txt last shown will be used.
You ask which one you should be using, the answer will depend on the navi path and which primo exe is being started they will both be correct for differnt systems.

But which one is the latest. Which one SHOULD I be using. Do they have aversion number or any other indicator I can look for. I haven't used it in a while but know Updated the maps at some point but don't know where.

EDIT: Doh:doh: Just checked my maps so the inbuilt version is the latest. Will try it tomorrow.:)

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back