Now the Journey starts in Europe !!! (1 Viewer)

rolling rolling

Free Member
Apr 15, 2017
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 2003
We just love travelling. My husband and I gave up work in 2003 and rented our house out to fund a 12 month trip to the USA. We bought a 36ft 5th wheel and dually one ton truck. We loved the lifestyle so much that we continued to go back and forth for 6 - 12month periods at a time for 14 years. This year we decided it was time to motorhome in other parts of the world so sold everything in the USA and are now back home in the UK looking at motorhomes here. We really don't have much of an idea with top middle and low end Class C models here, so thought I would join some clubs and ask the experts.
If anybody needs info on Rving in the states there isn't much we don't know about that.
Look forward to sharing stories and info.

See you on the road

The Happy Travellers

Alan & Julea

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
I would take your postcode off your avatar - this site is open to non members.
And,
Welcome Animated Emoticon.gif

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Gosh, you'll have some exciting stories to tell, no doubt.

Yes and there would be lots on here that would love to see some pictures of your USA trips ... I for one would as we have thought about hiring a motorhome and spending a month or two out there..:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
rolling rolling

rolling rolling

Free Member
Apr 15, 2017
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 2003
Thank you all for your warm welcomes. Hope to catch you all soon somewhere

The Happy Travellers

Julea & Alan

OP
OP
rolling rolling

rolling rolling

Free Member
Apr 15, 2017
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 2003
The Journey has begun

Somehow that controlling unknown being up there lead us to an Ebay listing of a tiny VW Karmann 19 1/2 feet motorhome. We had actually decided to buy an overlanding vehicle to be more adventurous but these are hard to find and mainly reside in Germany is this little van we named Kacey is our stop gap. Looking forward to some of you at meet up's and spending the summer in Europe.

Rolling Rolling
VW Karmann Colorado
Manual 2.5TDI
LHD

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• P1140600.JPG
    P1140600.JPG
    310 KB · Views: 34

Delboyarapaho

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 17, 2013
Herts UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Liner for T
Exp
Since 2013
From what you have said you are used to having a lot of space! We looked at 5th wheels for use in UK & Europe but felt they are both expensive and wouldn't work well on sites we have so far visited. So, whilst I stand to be corrected, I don't feel that is a good solution in Europe. We bought a 9m Burstner Elegance 2nd hand and saved a lot on the new price and that would be my advice to you. personal preferences will determine what configuration you want but I suggest you look for 2nd hand large vehicles (probably European built as you will want to use all year round) and your budget will determine how new/old you chose to buy. Another option is a small US built RV. We bought our vehicle from Signature MoHos at Wolverhampton and they had a couple of smaller US style vehicles that might be worth looking at. Good luck.

OP
OP
rolling rolling

rolling rolling

Free Member
Apr 15, 2017
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 2003
Hi Delboy

Thank you for your input but I think you missed the last post that I posted above your post. We already bought a motorhome that is what i was posting about.
But thank you for your time you will see that Yes we do like space and have had it so our new camper at 19 1/2 feet will be a challenge !!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back