Now I remember why I prefer to Motorhome (1 Viewer)

Sweet Chariot

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Staffordshire Moorlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2006
Well seemed to have spent the last week either taking or collecting friends and Family from the Airport. Then for the rest of the week planniong my month long trip to France which starts in 2 weeks.Felt a bit racked off with the weather but then following news from all parties i delivered to the airport not any more.

First party on arrival at their destination Airport at 2am then found they had a 2 hour drive, only problem hire company closed had forgot about them. Journey home woman had heart attack on plane and so diverted, ended up with 14 hours flight instead of 4.

Second couple I should have been collecting tonight at 11pm, flight delayed 7 hours and now no staff to carry out return flight and so having to stop at Airport over night.The holiday tan will be washed out by the time they get back.:Eeek:

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
I know exactly what you mean. We have sworn off flying for the time being, it used to be a pleasure 20 or 30 years ago but no longer. The outright convienience of the motorhome wins hands down. Even if you get stuck in a big hold-up the kettle can soon be boiled and a cup of tea provided.

Rgds
Bill:Cool:

OP
OP
Sweet Chariot

Sweet Chariot

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Staffordshire Moorlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2006
They now inform me they will not get back until 1.30pm tomorrow, they have been on the road so to speak since 9am this morning. I could drive all round France in that time. Come to think of it I could probably have gone and collected them.:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back