Now I have the seat removed, where's the best place to buy my battery. (1 Viewer)

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Managed to get the seat out tonight, had to borrow a deep 13mm socket from work as my small one would fit due to bolt length.

Now I have the seat off who would guys recommend for buying a battery from, currently I have a Vartra Dual Puprose AGM 95ah and looking to fit the same.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Found one here that looks and sounds the same, has anyone dealt with these guys Broken Link Removed

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Found one here that looks and sounds the same, has anyone dealt with these guys Broken Link Removed
Looking around there doesn't seem to be that many La95's as some say they are being discontinued so if that matches what you have best grab it.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2016
Melton Mowbray, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 408
Exp
Since 2016
Glad to come across this we are to fit a second battery soon and have one varta ldf90 and was looking at using Tanya so this is good news @Robert Clark do you know
If the professional the same as the deep clean. We have a professional dual purpose

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
But they are the ones that say it is discontinued.

Martin
Can't find any near that price so have just ordered it, now I need to find out what size of cable is best for connecting both batteries

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004

@lorger just read the spec for that battery and it states in the overview that it's an LA70 make sure you're getting the right battery as I paid £206 for myLA95 from eBay. The LA 70 on eBay is £155, great if it's the LA 95 for £156.
John.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
What you doing going into completion with Tesla for the first battery powered Moho :)
No, its just that Mrs C won't go anywhere without her onboard hair and beauty salon, and a I love drinking espresso's.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
No, its just that Mrs C won't go anywhere without her onboard hair and beauty salon, and a I love drinking espresso's.

You must have a hell of an uprate on the weight limit :) I know where to come for my morning coffee as well (y)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Can't find any near that price so have just ordered it, now I need to find out what size of cable is best for connecting both batteries
If you DONT have an inverter just use the same gauge wire that feeds the hab electrics from the existing battery.
Don't forget a fuse at each end of the pos wire unless they are side by side.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I guess you have no big inverter draw so the cable size will not be too critical, I have just wired up a second battery for a friend, we had some 25mm sq that I rejected for the inverter cables in favour of 50mm sq so we used that as it was still flexible enough to be easy to fit, end of the day you can't go too big only too small.

Martin

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
You must have a hell of an uprate on the weight limit :) I know where to come for my morning coffee as well (y)
its just over a ton as standard, so we've room for a few 'essentials

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
@lorger just read the spec for that battery and it states in the overview that it's an LA70 make sure you're getting the right battery as I paid £206 for myLA95 from eBay. The LA 70 on eBay is £155, great if it's the LA 95 for £156.
John.
John
I did notice that and read the discription which says 95ah, I also double checked at every stage of ordering and it always said 95ah. I can only assume that part is a mistake and if it comes the wrong size then I'll just send it back as I have receipt for 95ah battery and free delivery. To be on the safe side I paid for it on my Credit card, is it cheap because the 95 is being discontinued and they want rid of it. Time will tell and I'll update you.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
If you DONT have an inverter just use the same gauge wire that feeds the hab electrics from the existing battery.
Don't forget a fuse at each end of the pos wire unless they are side by side.
John I'm placing them side by side under the seat, so if I understand correctly I don't need to fuse the poss.

I guess you have no big inverter draw so the cable size will not be too critical, I have just wired up a second battery for a friend, we had some 25mm sq that I rejected for the inverter cables in favour of 50mm sq so we used that as it was still flexible enough to be easy to fit, end of the day you can't go too big only too small.

Martin

No inverter at the moment and no intention to fit one.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
John I'm placing them side by side under the seat, so if I understand correctly I don't need to fuse the poss.

Providing there's no possibility of the pos link wire chaffing on anything metal and shorting to earth then no fuse required.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
best practice to include a fuse anyway in case one battery goes dead short and protects the other battery

Reactions: DBK

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
best practice to include a fuse anyway in case one battery goes dead short and protects the other battery

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
WOW some wild claims, discharge down to 10% and then fast charge at 3 times normal lead acid, the best 100ah AGM on the market? 5 year warranty!

Am I convinced NO but its cheap enough.

Martin

Deleted User
TRY "GO OUTDOORS" you may be surprised.
colyboy
Always worth checking because if Go Outdoors advertise a product and you can find it cheaper elsewhere then Go Outdoors will beat the cheaper price by 10%.
Example:
Go Outdoors advertising Platinum AGM Plus Leisure Battery AGMLB6110L (100Ah) for £154.99
Alpha Batteries advertising same battery for £139.99
Therefore Go Outdoors will reduce their price to £125.99

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Hi @lorger I had new heavy duty leads made up at motorfactors for £9 inc battery clamps.
I also covered the exposed leads with a piece of external pipe lagging opened out so that they couldn't chaff against the seat frame.

John.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back