Novice question on MH weights

OP
R
Oct 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
Don't own one YET !!
Exp
Hi all, many thanks for all the interesting and very varied replies and advice. From my perspective, if my c1 is reinstated (I am diabetic and the DVLA removed my c1 a few years back) then I think we will be looking for a heavier MH (above 3500kg) that has a more practical payload. We are quite experienced caravaners and so understand the necessity of weight (payload) management, however it would seem the heavier (I.e. awning, bikes etc) that catch you out.
Of course I could forget to take the wife, that would save a little weight........not really though......too scary to contemplate.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 Dynamic Line
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
A very biased and clearly incorrect generalisation. My Benimar meets EU 1646-2 standard.directive 1230/2012 and the EN.
Not biased at all based on knowledge of the manufacturers must admit I don't know much about Benimar's apart from being a small Spanish converter. One Funster last year returned a Benimar because after the ordered options were fitted it only had 20 kg of payload.

Oct 20, 2018
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1990
Not biased at all based on knowledge of the manufacturers must admit I don't know much about Benimar's apart from being a small Spanish converter. One Funster last year returned a Benimar because after the ordered options were fitted it only had 20 kg of payload.
We are not talking about the payload but your inaccurate claim that only Hymer meet the EU directives on what is included in the payload. Chausson, also part of the Trigano group specify exactly what is included in the payload.

As for Benimars, being well equipped in the first place there are no factory options available apart from the auto gearbox, which strangely enough adds 20kg. Hmmm.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SMC Motorhomes Newark
Johns Cross
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Free Club Stickers