Nous sommes ici encore (1 Viewer)

Baileysbus

Free Member
Aug 2, 2016
Fife
Funster No
Exp
Start of 2016
Well this is the start of our month in France (y). Parked up in the aire at Nunq - Hautecote. 6 € a night including wifi :) Just as well as I cocked up getting the wrong SIM card for our Huawei router thingy. Will have to try and find an orange store in Amiens tomorrow :(. What a muppet.

Staying at the ille de offard site at Saumur from Monday and a slow trundle to the site at Chinon for the following week. Decided we want to have long spells of rest with the odd mad bit of driving rather than the other way around like last time.

Weather here a bit overcast and coolish. No thunderstorms though (y)

Stocked up with supplies on the way down so a good traditional French breakfast awaits ;)

Catch you all later:rolleyes:

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
We are over for 4 weeks on Monday , off to St Nicolas de bliquetuit aire after cite d europe , then heading towards nantes , Limoges and south. Might see our on the way.
Terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
We are over for 4 weeks on Monday , off to St Nicolas de bliquetuit aire after cite d europe , then heading towards nantes , Limoges and south. Might see our on the way.
Terry
Happy travels both, Hope you have a great time :smiley: and lots of :sun:We're moving into new house on Friday and once I've unpacked my Aires books I'll be planning our trip in August :Grin:so will be keeping an eye out for your tips on Aires to put in it as now have new version and as yet not written anything in it yet. My last one was full of Fidget tips ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Baileysbus

Baileysbus

Free Member
Aug 2, 2016
Fife
Funster No
Exp
Start of 2016
Sit rep........ zig zagged a bit and are now at the campsite in the middle of Sees. Campercontact 41034...... fine wee site with wifi if you sit near reception in what looks like a smokers sin bin.

Off to Saumur tomorrow for a few days just as the weather is meant to turn duff :( Still, can't complain. Hit a monthly brocante on the way through and had a good time there.

Catch you all anon.

Jim lea

Free Member
Dec 13, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2014
Well this is the start of our month in France (y). Parked up in the aire at Nunq - Hautecote. 6 € a night including wifi :) Just as well as I cocked up getting the wrong SIM card for our Huawei router thingy. Will have to try and find an orange store in Amiens tomorrow :(. What a muppet.

Staying at the ille de offard site at Saumur from Monday and a slow trundle to the site at Chinon for the following week. Decided we want to have long spells of rest with the odd mad bit of driving rather than the other way around like last time.

Weather here a bit overcast and coolish. No thunderstorms though (y)

Stocked up with supplies on the way down so a good traditional French breakfast awaits ;)

Catch you all later:rolleyes:

If it’s long spells of rest you are after and a riverside setting, I can recommend the site or Aire at Azay le rideau. Lovely setting, peaceful surroundings.

All the best

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Now sat at cite d europe , can see several funsters are here already , total 31 moho's here last night , more than half of them brit's, weather a bit grey and damp , but not too bad.
Looks like we will be swopping places with you today.
At La Mailleraye in the pouring rain at the mo and will be heading up to Cite Europe later. Through the tunnel and home tomorrow. :(

Richard.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
We’ve been over since 2nd May.
Now down at St Antonin Noble Val, on river Aveyron been here 4 nights.
Just been pottering doing between 50 & 130 kms per distance, we haven’t moved every day.
Weather was glorious up to about 28th May then turned but still warm & humid, we’ve had thunderstorms and some rain but mostly dry days!
Bumped into floods from river Garonne & canal so had to alter course & Averyon very full & fast which is a shame because in normal circumstances it’s a nice one to swim in!
Off to today to pastures new!

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
We’ve been over since 2nd May.
Now down at St Antonin Noble Val, on river Aveyron been here 4 nights.
Just been pottering doing between 50 & 130 kms per distance, we haven’t moved every day.
Weather was glorious up to about 28th May then turned but still warm & humid, we’ve had thunderstorms and some rain but mostly dry days!
Bumped into floods from river Garonne & canal so had to alter course & Averyon very full & fast which is a shame because in normal circumstances it’s a nice one to swim in!
Off to today to pastures new!

Saint Antonin Noble Val is not far from me, just in case you want a stop over. I'll be away early satuday till sunday night thought, visiting son, DIL and grand daugther.

Son used to be a guide there teaching canyioning mainly!
A very nice area!

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Four of us solo ladies also going over on Monday for 3 or 4 weeks. Turning right out of Calais and following our noses. Another 2 coming on Wednesday.
Don't worry, no convoys involved!
:france:
has @J&S seen this?

OP
OP
Baileysbus

Baileysbus

Free Member
Aug 2, 2016
Fife
Funster No
Exp
Start of 2016
Made it to Saumur (y) None of the severe rain that Brittany has had. Bit overcast and a rumble of thunder but other than that, all good
Wonder how @Wendo55 and co are getting on (n) We're here a few days now. Brocante fair along the road on Sunday :) Chillaxing until then

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
Thanks for asking @Baileysbus, we're surviving after a shaky start. Just as I was boarding the ferry the dreaded "what's burning " question arose. Worried sick on the journey expecting the mh to burst into flames and sink the ship.
Arrived at Cite Europe and met my hero @Oscar who made safe a burnt out wire on a circuit board!
Now heading towards Honfleur instead of the next ferry home.(y)

Oct 17, 2013
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2013
Four of us solo ladies also going over on Monday for 3 or 4 weeks. Turning right out of Calais and following our noses. Another 2 coming on Wednesday.
Don't worry, no convoys involved!
:france:
Funsterbirds are go!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back