Nothing coming out the grey waste tap!! (1 Viewer)

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Had my first night out last Saturday night, had a shower, did some washing up, fresh water tank down from 61% to 39%. Just now I thought I would empty the grey waste as the wife thought the sink drain smelt a bit whiffy, just opened the grey tap and ....Nothing! ran the sink tap ran the shower and ran the bathroom tap and still....nothing? Any ideas?? Also how much blue stuff in the toilet cassette pls??

Ady

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
For what it is worth it was the site water hose pressed up to the end of the grey waste pipe that got mine done.

Oh oh, thread deviation alert

clean water hose in contamination scare due to contact with grey waste outlet

albeit stone dry (y)

this is heading towards a 200+ thread and could well be featured in Jims round up of the week :LOL:(y)

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Oh oh, thread deviation alert

clean water hose in contamination scare due to contact with grey waste outlet

albeit stone dry (y)

this is heading towards a 200+ thread and could well be featured in Jims round up of the week :LOL:(y)
Is that yet another version of the weather stone???? o_O

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
What time does he ie. this fellow Westy get up and get going in the morning. It’s already 10.18 and no sign of even a dribble yet!
Or maybe he’s got his finger stuck in there after all. We may have to call the fire brigade.:);)

Upvote 0
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I have the answer...... the van was once owned by a FLT and only dumps waste in highway drains.:eek:

Upvote 0

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
He has probably stuck a hosepipe in to backwash it
Taken the hose out
and has been flushed away by the outpouring
Such a sad end

Upvote 0
Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
It's those bloody illegal immigrants again. I reckon he's got a little Dutch boy stowaway under his van.:LOL:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
WESTY66

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
What time does he ie. this fellow Westy get up and get going in the morning. It’s already 10.18 and no sign of even a dribble yet!
Or maybe he’s got his finger stuck in there after all. We may have to call the fire brigade.:);)

I always thought this motorhome lark was laid back??? Now I've got fellow funsters tracking my movements and shoving me out the door to get waste all over me!! Is this some kind of initiation for being a PIA on fun:LOL::LOL:

@Duck Truck I'm first in line for the bed bath(y)

Gimme an hour and I'll be on it, I do work 5.5 days a week you know:rolleyes:

Could I use Mr muscle drain cleaner to flush it?

Upvote 0

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
NO
just use a hose pipe
Ensure the hose goes into the tank if possible

Upvote 0

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Sounds to me like the van is not level enogub to empty on 31%. What are the chances of turning the van round so it's nose up?

Upvote 0
Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Has the waste tank not got a drain cap on the bottom?

Upvote 0
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
If you can get the fitting off the exit for the waste tank, then you must be able to poke something into the tank to see if there is a blockage.

Try getting your wife to run tap as you are under the van, as you’ve mentioned you can hear water emptying into the tank, and check this is the case.

I can’t believe that the van is so unlevel that it won’t empty when a third full.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
... if all else fails .... :rolleyes:

upload_2018-6-10_12-51-42.jpeg

Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I just wonder if this is the cause.

Our fresh-water tank has a normal sink plug fitted into the drain hole. I normally refit this in the hole after I have drained the tank for winter - to stop creepy-crawlies entering.

I just wonder whether somebody adopted the same anti insect idea by inserting a plug into the drain hole by accessing it through the inspection hatch? I cannot see why if there is a valve to close the drain pipe.

Or maybe the drain valve was already broken and the plug was to prevent leakage on the road.

It has been suggested that the inspection hatch be opened - has this been done? Or have I missed the result? If the drain valve is open there should be some daylight showing in the waste water - if not it is totally blocked.

Geoff

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I always thought this motorhome lark was laid back??? Now I've got fellow funsters tracking my movements and shoving me out the door to get waste all over me!! Is this some kind of initiation for being a PIA on fun:LOL::LOL:

@Duck Truck I'm first in line for the bed bath(y)

Gimme an hour and I'll be on it, I do work 5.5 days a week you know:rolleyes:

Have you moved off your bum yet and had a go????? It's been nearly 3 hours ... We're all having palpitations here due to the anticipation and I don't know how much more I can take!!!! o_O

Upvote 0

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
NO one in there right mind is going to shove their arm inside a grey waste tank to fit /remove a sink plug

Upvote 0

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
Joy!!!
"Please hurry up"
I am begining to get very cold
and cannot hold this position much longer :D

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Joy!!!
"Please hurry up"
I am begining to get very cold
and cannot hold this position much longer :D
Have you got your snorkel out???

upload_2018-6-10_13-58-36.jpeg

Upvote 0

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I always thought this motorhome lark was laid back??? Now I've got fellow funsters t

@Duck Truck

NO... you can't use Mr Muscle ... use your own muscle to pour washing up liquid down the sink and squidge with ....... oh ... WHY do I bother I ask myself .. why, why, why?

giphy.gif

Upvote 0
OP
OP
WESTY66

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
I'm here, I'm here!! well here goes.... Looked at the waste level first...0%...EH, was 31% yesterday??? Nothing coming out, so I started filling, (could hear it running in tank)! It registers 23% and hey presto, water comes out, so I shut it off and within 20 mins it goes down to 15%??. So I filled it up to 98% so I left it there for a few hours (then we had company and was showing them round the van, that's why I am late replying) so it's still on 98% and holding, all under van was dry, so I let it go and when it stopped running out it registers 28% so I think the level gauge could be a tad inaccurate, so I will have to monitor it.

So very very sorry to all that was hoping for me to be covered in slurry and no small dutch boys was injured in this exercise, or giant sponges needed(y)(y) (but I will still take the bed bath:D:D)

Lastly I really appreciate all the help, advice and great humor that's come my way and I take it all in the spirit it was intended, Thank you(y)

Ady

Upvote 0

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I'm here, I'm here!! well here goes.... Looked at the waste level first...0%...EH, was 31% yesterday??? Nothing coming out, so I started filling, (could hear it running in tank)! It registers 23% and hey presto, water comes out, so I shut it off and within 20 mins it goes down to 15%??. So I filled it up to 98% so I left it there for a few hours (then we had company and was showing them round the van, that's why I am late replying) so it's still on 98% and holding, all under van was dry, so I let it go and when it stopped running out it registers 28% so I think the level gauge could be a tad inaccurate, so I will have to monitor it.

So very very sorry to all that was hoping for me to be covered in slurry and no small dutch boys was injured in this exercise, or giant sponges needed(y)(y) (but I will still take the bed bath:D:D)

Lastly I really appreciate all the help, advice and great humor that's come my way and I take it all in the spirit it was intended, Thank you(y)

Ady
Don't worry about the gauges .. a lot of them show incorrectly .. even the gas cylinder gauges.

Glad it sorted. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012