Nothing coming out the grey waste tap!! (1 Viewer)

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Had my first night out last Saturday night, had a shower, did some washing up, fresh water tank down from 61% to 39%. Just now I thought I would empty the grey waste as the wife thought the sink drain smelt a bit whiffy, just opened the grey tap and ....Nothing! ran the sink tap ran the shower and ran the bathroom tap and still....nothing? Any ideas?? Also how much blue stuff in the toilet cassette pls??

Ady

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If it's not a stuck valve then it's gotta be a blockage in this instance, so the hose pipe trick should sort it - had to do this with a young couple last year who had a problem with the grey waste on their camper van which unfortunately had back-ed up and gone all over the inside! :eek: We stuck our water hose up the outlet and gently flushed it through ... they'd had spaghetti and had let some of it go down the plug hole and this, with the remnants from other meals had blocked it. They learnt the lesson the hard way of NEVER put anything down it other than water ...

Upvote 0

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
A great tip
ALWAYS wipe your plates down with kitchen roll before washing

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
Just re read your original statement
You say disconnected the pipe at the exit of the waste tank
Is the waste tank under the van?

Was that as the pipe leaves the tank itself and before the waste pipe hits the valve.?
Or after the valve itself?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
WESTY66

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
Just re read your original statement
You say disconnected the pipe at the exit of the waste tank
Is the waste tank under the van?

Was that as the pipe leaves the tank itself and before the waste pipe hits the valve.?
Or after the valve itself?

Yes it's under the van and yes I took the pipe off where it leaves the tank.

Upvote 0

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
When you poked with a screwdriver, did it come out clean and dry? Has the waste level always shown 31%? Is there no sign of water on the ground?

There should be an inspection cover on the waste tank, somewhere. Take it off and have a good look inside (a phone camera might help).

The waste must be going somewhere!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
WESTY66

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
When you poked with a screwdriver, did it come out clean and dry? Has the waste level always shown 31%? Is there no sign of water on the ground?

There should be an inspection cover on the waste tank, somewhere. Take it off and have a good look inside (a phone camera might help).

The waste must be going somewhere!

Yes it did.

No it showed zero when I collected it.

I'll have a look, thanks(y)

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I don't do technical

but if you have removed the pipe from the waste water tank and nothing came out it can only be the wrong tank surely daft as that sounds

if you can hear the water going in to a tank it surely must come out if the outlet hose is removed

this sounds the sort of issue only I usually get (y):)

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
How much water do you think you've put down the sinks? Some waste tanks have the waste outlet above the bottom of the tank so there's always an amount left in it which can be quite a few litres.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
WESTY66

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
How much water do you think you've put down the sinks? Some waste tanks have the waste outlet above the bottom of the tank so there's always an amount left in it which can be quite a few litres.

Prob 2 sinkfuls and I had a shower?? showing 31% full on waste?

Upvote 0
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
40 posts so far on how to get water out of a box! The tank has an outlet, followed some form of drain cock. If the drain cock is working and clear and removal of the pipe that comes directly out of the tank doesn't cause liquid to come out then you are looking at the wrong tank, or the wrong vehicle. If none of these apply then prove water is entering the tank by running all taps whilst watching and listening with the outlet pipe removed. At some point water will either come out of the tank or the motorhome door.:)

Upvote 0
Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
40 posts so far on how to get water out of a box! The tank has an outlet, followed some form of drain cock. If the drain cock is working and clear and removal of the pipe that comes directly out of the tank doesn't cause liquid to come out then you are looking at the wrong tank, or the wrong vehicle. If none of these apply then prove water is entering the tank by running all taps whilst watching and listening with the outlet pipe removed. At some point water will either come out of the tank or the motorhome door.:)
And please can we have photos of the eureka moment. The suspense is killing me.:);)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
WESTY66

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp

I DID have the wife running hot water into the tank and yes I felt the hot water in each of the pipes and could hear the water, and I did take the BOTTOM pipe off the tank the 3 pipes was running into and yes the waste is showing 31% full and yes the van is slightly facing downhill on the drive (bit of a faf to get it on level at mo) and I have concluded that is why its not coming out, but at 31% I thought it would come out. Sod it, in morning I'm gonna run hose pipe in the sink (although the water is rather slow at going down the plug hole) and open the waste and flush it out which is prob what I should have done in first place, but I was scared it was going elsewhere!!

But I DO sincerely appreciate all the help and advice on here(y)

Ady

Upvote 0
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I DID have the wife running hot water into the tank and yes I felt the hot water in each of the pipes and could hear the water, and I did take the BOTTOM pipe off the tank the 3 pipes was running into and yes the waste is showing 31% full and yes the van is slightly facing downhill on the drive (bit of a faf to get it on level at mo) and I have concluded that is why its not coming out, but at 31% I thought it would come out. Sod it, in morning I'm gonna run hose pipe in the sink (although the water is rather slow at going down the plug hole) and open the waste and flush it out which is prob what I should have done in first place, but I was scared it was going elsewhere!!

Ady
That's the spirit :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Given the cross section of most waste tanks it's no surprise that they can hide a few litres at one end when tilted.

Upvote 0

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07

Ady

And put washing up liquid down the plug hole and SQUIDGE IT WITH A BLOODY SPONGE!

:crying::crying: :doh::doh::doh:

Upvote 0
Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
And put washing up liquid down the plug hole and SQUIDGE IT WITH A BLOODY SPONGE!

I don’t think he’s listening to us,do you?
Maybe it’s just a wind up.
Can’t unblock a blooming waste pipe after 47 posts.......what is the world coming to? Just as well it’s not a gassing problem or we’d be here till Christmas.
@WESTY66 can you get your b******g finger out please.:);)

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Ah-ha ... you might just have sorted out why the water isn't coming out if he's still got his finger in it!!! :LOL:

Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Get the wife to poke the wire in the outlet its bound to clear and leave you in trouble!!!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
WESTY66

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
I don’t think he’s listening to us,do you?
Maybe it’s just a wind up.
Can’t unblock a blooming waste pipe after 47 posts.......what is the world coming to? Just as well it’s not a gassing problem or we’d be here till Christmas.

I'm on it in morning, I'll report back!! It's not a wind up, I am genuinely concerned about adding more water to where the other water should av gone, but I'll do the back flush and especially for you @movan I will get the sponge out(y)

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I DID have the wife running hot water into the tank and yes I felt the hot water in each of the pipes and could hear the water,

Ady

Keep up at the back Joy

Your idea would be brilliant if the pipe from the sink was blocked, but the water is running into the grey tank (y)

It would need some super sponge to make enough impression on the whole volume of the grey tank :)

But I love your determination

xx

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Keep up at the back Joy

Your idea would be brilliant if the pipe from the sink was blocked, but the water is running into the grey tank (y)

It would need some super sponge to make enough impression on the whole volume of the grey tank :)

But I love your determination

xx
.... You haven't seen the size of Joy's sponges have you David ....

s-l300.jpg

Upvote 0
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
I wonder if we will all get that lovely sense of satisfaction if @WESTY66 comes back on tomorrow with tales of fully flowing grey water.

There is something about getting a blocked pipe un-blocked when you have been struggling with it for a few days. Maybe just me :LOL:

For what it is worth it was the site water hose pressed up to the end of the grey waste pipe that got mine done.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
@DavidG58 and @Duck Truck ... you two are just sooooooooooooooooooo smutty ... just wait until Joy gets out her massive hand sponge ... then you'll be in really, really big trouble if she gives you a bed bath with it ... it'll make your eyes water! :D :LOL:

hand-wash-sponge-product.jpg

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back